The Tranquility of Toulouse-Lautrec is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Henri Marie Raymond with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, cynical population of 25.462 billion Toulouse-Lautrecians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Industry, with Healthcare and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Montmartre. The average income tax rate is 56.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Toulouse-Lautrecian economy, worth a remarkable 1,414 trillion euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Uranium Mining and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 55,569 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, and a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate. Crime is totally unknown. Toulouse-Lautrec's national animal is the lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 7 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- 24 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 38 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 40 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 58 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 66 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 68 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- 84 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 85 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 5%).
- 148 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was struck by a Cure Missile from The Free Democracy of Ballotonia, curing 1 million infected.