“Je Maintiendrai la République”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Tranquility of Toulouse-Lautrec is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Henri Marie Raymond with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The compassionate, cynical population of 24.394 billion Toulouse-Lautrecians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Healthcare, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Montmartre. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, and a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate. Crime is totally unknown. Toulouse-Lautrec's national animal is the lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Atheism, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 15 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- 58 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 1%).
- 91 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 124 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 181 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec donated ฿ 7.000 ByteCoin to The Command Cyborg of Paradroid.
- 181 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec purchased a ByteCoin miner for ฿ 2.000.
- 181 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec donated ฿ 1.000 ByteCoin to The Command Cyborg of Paradroid.
- 212 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 258 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 334 days ago: Toulouse-Lautrec was struck by a Cure Missile from Kutou-koku, curing 1 million infected.