“...and at His feet they'll cast their golden crowns.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Eye of Topdop is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its national health service. Its compassionate population of 6.47 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Defence and the Environment are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 56%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.
The government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, criminals are thrown to the dragons to repay their debt to society, and wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Topdop's national animal is the dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the top.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 15 days ago: Topdop was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Topdop was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 39 days ago: Topdop was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 43 days ago: Topdop relocated from Osiris to The East Pacific.
- 43 days ago: Topdop was refounded in Osiris.
- 130 days ago: Topdop ceased to exist.
- 148 days ago: Topdop was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 152 days ago: Topdop was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average.
- 158 days ago: Topdop altered its national flag.
- 158 days ago: Topdop relocated from Balder to The East Pacific.