“Protect via force if necessary”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
Location: The Council of Narnia
The Imperial Democracy of Topaztopia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Eli Dextera with a fair hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.806 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of the Environment, with areas such as Defence and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prometheus. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, Topaztopia's fine wines are renowned throughout the region, most citizens in Topaztopia are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, and refugees from other nations are flocking to Topaztopia's border. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Topaztopia's national animal is the Phoenix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Currency.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 6 days ago: Topaztopia's influence in The Council of Narnia fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- 7 days ago: Topaztopia lodged a message on the The Council of Narnia Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Topaztopia relocated from Osiris to The Council of Narnia.
- 7 days ago: Topaztopia was refounded in Osiris.
- 26 days ago: Topaztopia ceased to exist.
- 29 days ago: Topaztopia was endorsed by The Culturally Astounding Nation of SCONN.
- 32 days ago: Topaztopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- 40 days ago: Topaztopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 49 days ago: Topaztopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 52 days ago: Topaztopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).