“Protect via force if necessary”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: The Council of Narnia
The Imperial Democracy of Topaztopia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Eli Dextera with a fair hand, and notable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.376 billion Topaztopians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of the Environment, with areas such as Defence and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prometheus. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, the nation's secret service is so secret that nobody knows if it has one, and underage drinkers are dragged through the streets and put in the stocks. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Topaztopia's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Currency.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 13 days ago: Topaztopia's influence in The Council of Narnia fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 24 days ago: Topaztopia lodged a message on the The Council of Narnia Regional Message Board.
- 24 days ago: Topaztopia relocated from Lazarus to The Council of Narnia.
- 24 days ago: Topaztopia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 48 days ago: Topaztopia ceased to exist.
- 61 days ago: Topaztopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 64 days ago: Topaztopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 80 days ago: Topaztopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 84 days ago: Topaztopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 95 days ago: Topaztopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.