The Imperial Democracy of Topaztopia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Eli Dextera with a fair hand, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.821 billion Topaztopians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Environment, although Welfare, Education, and Law & Order are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prometheus. The average income tax rate is 86.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Topaztopian economy, worth 395 trillion Currencies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales and Tourism. Average income is 57,987 Currencies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, the nation's secret service is so secret that nobody knows if it has one, and underage drinkers are dragged through the streets and put in the stocks. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Topaztopia's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Topaztopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- : Topaztopia relocated from Osiris to The Council of Narnia.
- : Topaztopia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Topaztopia ceased to exist.
- : Topaztopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Topaztopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).
- : Topaztopia lodged a message on the The Council of Narnia Regional Message Board.
- : Topaztopia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Topaztopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Topaztopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.