“Protect via force if necessary”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Council of Narnia
The Imperial Democracy of Topaztopia is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Prime Minister Eli Dextera with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.665 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of the Environment, with areas such as Defence and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prometheus. The average income tax rate is 69%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, Topaztopia's fine wines are renowned throughout the region, most citizens in Topaztopia are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, and refugees from other nations are flocking to Topaztopia's border. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Topaztopia's national animal is the Phoenix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Currency.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 5 days ago: Topaztopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 8 days ago: Topaztopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Topaztopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 12 days ago: Topaztopia was endorsed by The Aslanic Foxes of Fotar.
- 18 days ago: Topaztopia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 23 days ago: Topaztopia was endorsed by The Narnian Republic of Bisim.
- 23 days ago: Topaztopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 37 days ago: Topaztopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 39 days ago: Topaztopia changed its national nation type to "Imperial Democracy".
- 39 days ago: Topaztopia changed its national leader to "Prime Minister Eli Dextera", its currency to "Currency", its motto to "Protect via force if necessary", and its nation type to "Imperial Dictatorship".