“Ever Present. Yet Silent.”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
Location: The Council of Narnia
The Restless Empire of Topaztopia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Empress Epsilon LeRegatto with an even hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol. Its compassionate population of 5.125 billion are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of the Environment, with areas such as Defence and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prometheus. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, untold millions of TDollars are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and the police force is on a recruitment drive. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Topaztopia's national animal is the Phoenix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the TDollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 9 days ago: Topaztopia was endorsed by The Tyrany of Arizona League.
- 12 days ago: Topaztopia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Topaztopia, the police force is on a recruitment drive.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Topaztopia, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Topaztopia, untold millions of TDollars are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Topaztopia, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- 15 days ago: Topaztopia lodged a message on the The Council of Narnia Regional Message Board.
- 31 days ago: Topaztopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 32 days ago: Topaztopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: Topaztopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.