“Forward a Flag of Glory!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Most Serene Republic of Toongoosia is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.325 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Richburgh. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
CDs are regularly copy-protected, Toongoosia's newly-famous raindances to summon storms instead attract tourists from all over Europe, graffiti graces every city's streets, and the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Europe. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Toongoosia's national animal is the Blue Eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the karant.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Toongoosia was endorsed by The United Islands of Zeckland.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Toongoosia, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Europe.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Toongoosia, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 19 days ago: Toongoosia was endorsed by The Ever Expanding Empire of Kureimoa.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Toongoosia, Toongoosia's newly-famous raindances to summon storms instead attract tourists from all over Europe.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Toongoosia, CDs are regularly copy-protected.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Toongoosia, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 21 days ago: Toongoosia was endorsed by The Republic of Slouzie.
- 21 days ago: Toongoosia endorsed The Republic of Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II.
- 21 days ago: Toongoosia endorsed The Ever Expanding Empire of Kureimoa.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Alsted, Lexembourg, Jenesia, Ivernia, Paxderius, Chiolena, Beauvoir, Kaiserusse, Stromia, Sybaritic Socialists, Mameluco, Kroinengin, The City-State of Vienna, Nou Occitania, Short shorts, Eurosceptic Citizens, Nuweland, Malacovia, Dauershire, Grasaland, Voxum Mortalum, Marmiedon, Saconian, Tigyland, Fenian Provinces, Gr4nd3nia, Outer Prussia, Drenetharada, Capricania, Echo von Cotta, Soviet Shlyapy, Silberia, Shadeius, The Seven Provinces, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Multatuli, Hamstery, Greater Konigsberg, Bering, The Fair Republic, Bylantia, Pileusia, Foucaults garden, Albertinum, Domanouq, Empire og Kirgizia, Butale, French Canadia, Santamio, Pesaro and Urbino, and 15 others.Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Each-Uisge, Temistocles, Lieges, Nukls-Andwicz, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Nova Prutenia, Austerene, Veeten Engines, Slouzie, Kureimoa, and Zeckland.