“Wish I didnt know now what I didnt know then...”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: the West Pacific
The Against the Wind of of Todler is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Todler with an iron fist, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 23.397 billion Todlerians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Savannah. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
The bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Savannah, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, the government is cracking down on subversive groups, and strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Todler's national animal is the dalmation, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Worship Todler, and its currency is the Penguin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins.
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, the government is cracking down on subversive groups.
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Savannah.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, shaken martini sales have soared in nations surrounding Todler.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Todler, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- 4 days ago: Todler was endorsed by The Federation of Kisovec.
Endorsements Received: 60 » BIteland, Capitalist Paradise, The 9 Stars, Greg Tucker, Southern Eureka, Corporatist Trusts Inc, Offshore Racing, Chestaan, Mochaworld, Ashkan, Lamebrainia, Thessalian, Roctubiazan, New Novak, Creamy pleasures, Yy4u, Wandysland, Benjamin Mark, Jaquanland, Wickedly evil people, Sangha, Darkesia, Raezim, Schlurp, Hayekvillage, That General Area, Kingsteck, Liberillia, Academy of P, Aestate, Dynatek, Huangshi, New Ganjastan, Mercanta, Deus Elegit, Spifea, Cocan, Oronia, New Tang, Johnovia, Architechnia, New Duveland, Reversed Clause, Republic of 2Fort, Urgabah, All Good People, Hunniclan, Bhang Bhang Duc, Mediobogdum, King of the death, and 10 others.Toberkuibac, Nusania, The Arrogant Bumblebees, Terran Borealis, Ethel mermania, Avirum, Caneighda, Valsyvir, Liberal Republics Union, and Kisovec.