The Against the Wind of Todler is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Todler with an iron fist, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, suspicion of poets, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 24.499 billion Todlerians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Savannah. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Todlerian economy, worth an astonishing 10,582 trillion Penguins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 431,973 Penguins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,852,501 per year while the poor average 64,473, a ratio of 28.7 to 1.
Savannah is a police state during international summits, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, agriculture is heavily subsidized by the government, and Todler Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Todler's national animal is the dalmation, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Worship Todler.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Todler fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 13 hours ago: Todler fell out of the regional Top 1% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, Todler Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere'.
- 17 hours ago: Todler lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, agriculture is heavily subsidized by the government.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, Savannah is a police state during international summits.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Todler, students who refuse to pray are expelled from school.
Endorsements Received: 68 » BIteland, Capitalist Paradise, Greg Tucker, Southern Eureka, Corporatist Trusts Inc, Offshore Racing, Chestaan, Mochaworld, Ashkan, Lamebrainia, Thessalian, Roctubiazan, New Novak, Creamy pleasures, Wandysland, Benjamin Mark, Jaquanland, Wickedly evil people, Darkesia, Raezim, Liberillia, Aestate, Dynatek, New Ganjastan, Mercanta, Oronia, Reversed Clause, Urgabah, All Good People, Hunniclan, Bhang Bhang Duc, Toberkuibac, The Arrogant Bumblebees, Terran Borealis, Ethel mermania, Caneighda, Valsyvir, Liberal Republics Union, Kisovec, Communist Egalitarian Dictatorship, Gloubi-Boulga, Angelopoulos, Hanifiyyah, Antahbrantahstan, Abaja, Kalmarth, Golovia, Jyzeria, Archedes, Rocknest, and 18 others.Ferus Equus, FlopFlop, United Aurors, New Kakyoin, The Lost Ruby, Avadon, Consular, King of the death, Roma-Carthago, Common Good, Donstan, Verse Reach, Avaramu, Fashie, Vladivo, East Olympia, Acropylae, and SCB.