“Wish I didnt know now what I didnt know then...”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: the West Pacific
The Against the Wind of of Todler is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Todler with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 22.201 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Savannah. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
Government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest, psychological disorders are a taboo subject, children as young as eight can be found working in factories, and houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Todler's national animal is the dalmation, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Worship Todler, and its currency is the Penguin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Todler was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, children as young as eight can be found working in factories.
- 16 hours ago: Todler's influence in The West Pacific fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, psychological disorders are a taboo subject.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, citizens must pay to enjoy Todler's pristine beaches.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, students who refuse to pray are expelled from school.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, the government is reining in public spending.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights.
Endorsements Received: 55 » BIteland, Mathematania, Capitalist Paradise, The 9 Stars, Greg Tucker, Southern Eureka, Nova Maxima, Corporatist Trusts Inc, Offshore Racing, Kevin Ruddistan, Chestaan, Arctura Dara, Gorgondollar, Mochaworld, Ashkan, Bhang Bhang Duc, Lamebrainia, Thessalian, Moerderreich, Thyrall, Nothingness in Nothing, Roctubiazan, New Novak, Dynatek, Confederate Kentuckiana, Tespa, Creamy pleasures, All Good People, Yy4u, TitanShadow12, Wandysland, Benjamin Mark, Jaquanland, Wickedly evil people, Sangha, Mataw, Prkniland, Darkesia, Raezim, Schlurp, United Congregation, Waverlia, Utafornia, Hayekvillage, That General Area, Caneighda, The Grand Realm of Borneo, Brilliant Brittania, Kingsteck, WaffenBrightonburg, and 5 others.Liberillia, Academy of P, Torpedia, Liberal Republics Union, and Aestate.