“Wish I didnt know now what I didnt know then...”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Instigator
Location: the West Pacific
The Against the Wind of of Todler is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Todler with an iron fist, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 20.505 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Savannah. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
Citizens are forbidden from leaving the country, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Todler after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative', and millions of devastated 7-year-olds are denied astronaut and ballerina training. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Todler's national animal is the dalmation, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Worship Todler, and its currency is the Penguin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 minutes ago
- 9 hours ago: Todler was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, millions of devastated 7-year-olds are denied astronaut and ballerina training.
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'.
- 1 day ago: Todler lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Todler after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, citizens are forbidden from leaving the country.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, genetic researchers have been expelled.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, army rations are served on silver platters.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Todler was endorsed by The Realm of Selbor the Great of Wandysland.
Endorsements Received: 80 (BIteland, ROLHEATH, Mathematania, Capitalist Paradise, The 9 Stars, Greg Tucker, Wickedly evil people, Southern Eureka, Nohn, Silenti Ect, Nova Maxima, Corporatist Trusts Inc, Offshore Racing, Golden riverside, Kevin Ruddistan, Lynier, Lionia, Chestaan, Amymnia, Arctura Dara, Lab, Gorgondollar, Mochaworld, Ashkan, Kantorian, Bhang Bhang Duc, Agetoton, Counterrevolutionary Zulia, Schlesweiss, Lamebrainia, Coriolis, Liberon National Front, Raezim, Thessalian, Ricochet, Dragonstorm, Moerderreich, Karcinoma, Panscernia, Nandia, Mercanta, Likpraev, Arbroath, Thyrall, Nothingness in Nothing, Roctubiazan, Erration, New Novak, Etrene, Dynatek, Unistopia, Confederate Kentuckiana, Tespa, Democratic Puerto Rico, Gabu, Kivoxor, The Unforged, The Coalition of the Profitable, Hexagone Francais, King Kangaroo, WiiPlayer, Creamy pleasures, GGDD, All Good People, El Presedente, Efisga, Mexipinno, Danstinople, Yy4u, Rhooshu, Natas Liah, Syriac-Assyria, Fred The Fly, Mean Value Theorem, Darkesia, Archsium, Weitzland, AARR, TitanShadow12, Wandysland)