“Wish I didnt know now what I didnt know then...”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: the West Pacific
The Against the Wind of of Todler is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Todler with an iron fist, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 23.436 billion Todlerians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Savannah. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
Government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest, the government is reining in public spending, Todler's first free elections in recent memory have been successfully concluded, and invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Todler's national animal is the dalmation, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Worship Todler, and its currency is the Penguin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, Todler's first free elections in recent memory have been successfully concluded.
- 18 hours ago: Todler was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Communist Egalitarian Dictatorship.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, the government is reining in public spending.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Todler was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, the government is a law unto itself.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, Max Barry is this year's Miss Todler.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Todler, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
Endorsements Received: 62 » BIteland, Capitalist Paradise, The 9 Stars, Greg Tucker, Southern Eureka, Corporatist Trusts Inc, Offshore Racing, Chestaan, Mochaworld, Ashkan, Lamebrainia, Thessalian, Roctubiazan, New Novak, Creamy pleasures, Yy4u, Wandysland, Benjamin Mark, Jaquanland, Wickedly evil people, Sangha, Darkesia, Raezim, Schlurp, Hayekvillage, That General Area, Kingsteck, Liberillia, Academy of P, Aestate, Dynatek, Huangshi, New Ganjastan, Mercanta, Deus Elegit, Spifea, Cocan, Oronia, New Tang, Johnovia, Architechnia, New Duveland, Reversed Clause, Republic of 2Fort, Urgabah, All Good People, Hunniclan, Bhang Bhang Duc, Mediobogdum, King of the death, and 12 others.Toberkuibac, Nusania, The Arrogant Bumblebees, Terran Borealis, Ethel mermania, Avirum, Caneighda, Valsyvir, Liberal Republics Union, Kisovec, Kickingandscreaming, and Communist Egalitarian Dictatorship.