“You'd live here too if you could.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Most Serene Republic of TMershi Duween is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Supreme Chancellor Hugh G Rection with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 3.917 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 72%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
A crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and vets have been drafted in to help "fix" those who fail the parental license exam. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. TMershi Duween's national animal is the Boston Terrier, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Zappa.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 2 days 12 hours ago: TMershi Duween was endorsed by The Blue and Green GRO of Anime Daisuki.
- 4 days ago: TMershi Duween was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in TMershi Duween, vets have been drafted in to help "fix" those who fail the parental license exam.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in TMershi Duween, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- 8 days ago: TMershi Duween endorsed The Queendom of Ayunli.
- 10 days ago: TMershi Duween was endorsed by The Queendom of Ayunli.
- 12 days ago: TMershi Duween fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in TMershi Duween, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in TMershi Duween, a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in TMershi Duween, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.
Endorsements Received: 34 (Spadanera, Blogotopia, Upper New Ontario, Coreras, Dustwind, Tzo, The Soylent Green Party, Ishtar, Ikhlaqistan, Kokkinostan, Pacific Commonwealth, Edgemaster, Eat_aly, Rideaux, Lubnid, Moogs World, The Republic of Michigan, Arkhane, Malicuria, Cammiwoo, Beezelbub, Republic of VEW, Lutreis, United Republic of India, Shpeltzland, Rex Republic, Imperial Royal Union, Woonsocket, The Recon Empire, Glaciacium, The Bedlands, Splanger, Ayunli, Anime Daisuki)