The Urmel Island of Titiwu is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Seelefant with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 18.514 billion Titiwuans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Welfare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. The average income tax rate is 81.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Titiwuan economy, worth 217 trillion sea shells a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 11,735 sea shells, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are raised bilingual from an early age, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, artists are pillars of society, and government officials across Titiwu are being "encouraged" to adopt Urmels to set an example for the populace. Crime is well under control. Titiwu's national animal is the Urmel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Titiwu's influence in Haiku fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Titiwu fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Titiwu's influence in Haiku rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Titiwu fell out of the world Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Titiwu fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Inclusive.
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : Titiwu's influence in Haiku rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.