The Urmel Island of Titiwu is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Seelefant with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, ban on automobiles, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 17.165 billion Titiwuans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Welfare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. The average income tax rate is 81.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Titiwuan economy, worth 200 trillion sea shells a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 11,657 sea shells, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, stray cats threaten the fledgling avian-based internet, children are raised bilingual from an early age, and tourists outnumber citizens two to one. Crime is relatively low. Titiwu's national animal is the Urmel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Titiwu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Titiwu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 7 days ago: Titiwu was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Titiwu, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Titiwu, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Titiwu, stray cats threaten the fledgling avian-based internet.
- 7 days ago: Titiwu lodged a message on the Haiku Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Titiwu relocated from Balder to Haiku.
- 7 days ago: Titiwu altered its national flag.
- 7 days ago: Titiwu was refounded in Balder.