The Urmel Island of Titiwu is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Seelefant with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 19.944 billion Titiwuans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Welfare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 80.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Titiwuan economy, worth 235 trillion sea shells a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 11,799 sea shells, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are raised bilingual from an early age, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, artists are pillars of society, and government officials across Titiwu are being "encouraged" to adopt Urmels to set an example for the populace. Crime is well under control. Titiwu's national animal is the Urmel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Titiwu's influence in Haiku rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Titiwu's influence in Haiku rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Titiwu's influence in Haiku rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Titiwu's influence in Haiku rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Titiwu relocated from Lazarus to Haiku.
- : Titiwu altered its national flag.
- : Titiwu was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Titiwu ceased to exist.
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.