The Urmel Island of Titiwu is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Seelefant with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 18.055 billion Titiwuans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Welfare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 81.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Titiwuan economy, worth 211 trillion sea shells a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 11,735 sea shells, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are raised bilingual from an early age, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, artists are pillars of society, and government officials across Titiwu are being "encouraged" to adopt Urmels to set an example for the populace. Crime is well under control. Titiwu's national animal is the Urmel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 1%).
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Titiwu's influence in Haiku fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : Titiwu's influence in Haiku rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Titiwu fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.