The Urmel Island of Titiwu is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Seelefant with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, hatred of cheese, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 19.54 billion Titiwuans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Social Policy, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. The average income tax rate is 80.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Titiwuan economy, worth 230 trillion sea shells a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 11,799 sea shells, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are raised bilingual from an early age, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, artists are pillars of society, and government officials across Titiwu are being "encouraged" to adopt Urmels to set an example for the populace. Crime is well under control. Titiwu's national animal is the Urmel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Titiwu's influence in Haiku rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Titiwu's influence in Haiku rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments, Longest Average Lifespans, Most Cultured, Most Compassionate Citizens, and Smartest Citizens.
- : Titiwu's influence in Haiku rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Titiwu relocated from Osiris to Haiku.
- : Titiwu altered its national flag.
- : Titiwu was refounded in Osiris.
- : Titiwu ceased to exist.
- : Titiwu was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).