“By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The World Super Power of TitanShen is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Scotti Wren with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.5 billion Titans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Commerce and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Richmond. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Gambling industries.
The fire protection service is wholly government-funded, the police force is on a recruitment drive, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Richmond, and criminals are executed and their property seized. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. TitanShen's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Abolished, and its currency is the Bitcoin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: TitanShen was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in TitanShen, criminals are executed and their property seized.
- 16 hours ago: TitanShen's influence in ACA rose from "Minnow" to "Negotiator".
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in TitanShen, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Richmond.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: TitanShen relocated from Libertatem to ACA.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in TitanShen, the police force is on a recruitment drive.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in TitanShen, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in TitanShen, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in TitanShen, TitanShen has begun an effort to aggressively conquer neighboring countries (TitanShen has found 1 easter egg).
- 3 days 3 hours ago: TitanShen was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
Endorsements Received: None.