“Building the future since 1960”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: The Furry Federation
The Union of Tinis is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by First Speaker Talia Vinlia with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, state-planned economy, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 24.115 billion Tinisians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arx. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Tinisian economy, worth 342 trillion Gerbiles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 14,192 Gerbiles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and strategic bombers are being converted into preschools. Crime is totally unknown. Tinis's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Glorvanism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Tinis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Tinis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Tinis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- 4 days ago: Tinis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Tinis, strategic bombers are being converted into preschools.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Tinis, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Tinis, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Tinis, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Tinis, all forms of advertising are banned.
- 7 days ago: Tinis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.