“Mottos are too mainstream”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Ego of Tim is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.376 billion Timians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tim City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 55%. A robust private sector is led by the Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports industries.
Soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, education and welfare spending are on the rise, and Leader has just been declared ruler of Tim in an international press conference. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tim's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Pastafarianism, and its currency is the Ringtat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Tim was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 4 days ago: Tim was ranked #1 in the region for Most Developed.
- 12 days ago: Tim was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 17 days ago: Tim was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 22 days ago: Tim was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 24 days ago: Tim fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 30 days ago: Tim was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 32 days ago: Tim was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 33 days ago: Tim was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 35 days ago: Tim was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.