“T.G.S Genesis explores the NS World”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: The Aristocratic Union
The Nomadic Peoples of Tigris River is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.432 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Ur. The average income tax rate is 72%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is seen to favor Catholics, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, anti-government web sites are springing up, and midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tigris River's national animal is the Terminator, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Genesian Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 33 days ago: Tigris River was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 44 days ago: Tigris River fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 55 days ago: Tigris River relocated from The South Pacific to The Aristocratic Union.
- 62 days ago: Tigris River was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Carta.
- 64 days ago: Tigris River fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 73 days ago: Tigris River was endorsed by The Commonwealth of LLE.
- 81 days ago: Tigris River was endorsed by The Confederacy of The Torchwood Archives.
- 85 days ago: Tigris River was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 86 days ago: Tigris River lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 92 days ago: Tigris River was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: None.