The Ching-Chong-Nip-Nong-Nong of Tiago Silva is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, rampant corporate plagiarism, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 22.6 billion yoes are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The tiny, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 6.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but inefficient yo economy, worth a remarkable 2,557 trillion shells a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Basket Weaving, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 113,173 shells, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, euthanasia is legal, and the art of conversation has been rediscovered. Crime is totally unknown. Tiago Silva's national animal is the pig, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tiago Silva was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 1%).
- : Tiago Silva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: #1).
- : Tiago Silva was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Tiago Silva voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prohibiting Animal Abuse"".
- : Tiago Silva lodged a message on the Portugal Regional Message Board.
- : Tiago Silva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: #1).
- : Tiago Silva was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
- : Tiago Silva was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Tiago Silva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: #1).
- : Tiago Silva was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".