“Powerful and Prosperous Nation”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
The Democratic People's Republic of Tiago Silva is a gargantuan, genial nation, remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 19.55 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, socially-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and the Environment. Income tax is unheard of. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Abortions are routinely performed in Tiago Silva's hospitals, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, and same-sex marriages are increasingly common. Crime is totally unknown. Tiago Silva's national animal is the chollima, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the won.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Tiago Silva fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Tiago Silva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: #1).
- 6 days ago: Tiago Silva was endorsed by The People's Republic of Communist Galinea.
- 7 days ago: Tiago Silva voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 8 days ago: Tiago Silva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: #1).
- 12 days ago: Tiago Silva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: #1).
- 15 days ago: Tiago Silva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Tiago Silva was endorsed by The Republic of Jotinha.
- 20 days ago: Tiago Silva voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Industrial Pollution Control "".
- 21 days ago: Tiago Silva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: #1).