The Most Serene Republic of Thyrall is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Rage with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cheerful population of 9.1 billion Thyrallians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Korkabain City. The average income tax rate is 34.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Thyrallian economy, worth 912 trillion curits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 100,226 curits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, and factories grind to a halt every time there is an election. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thyrall's national animal is the timber wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is oragomi.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thyrall endorsed The OCD Bicyclist of Wickedly evil people.
- : Thyrall voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proscription on Living Shields".
- : Thyrall was endorsed by The OCD Bicyclist of Wickedly evil people.
- : Thyrall was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive (last census: Top 5%).
- : Thyrall was endorsed by The Grand Duchess of Lady Anastasia.
- : Thyrall was endorsed by The WP Guardian Nation of BIteland.
- : Thyrall was endorsed by The Sultanate of El Sock.
- : Thyrall was endorsed by The Conite Protectorate of Archsium.
- : Thyrall was endorsed by The Anti-Velociraptor Republic of Consular.