The Most Serene Republic of Thyrall is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Rage with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, hatred of cheese, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cheerful population of 9.831 billion Thyrallians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Korkabain City. The average income tax rate is 42.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Thyrallian economy, worth 993 trillion curits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 101,060 curits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Thyrallian lands, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist, and the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thyrall's national animal is the timber wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is oragomi.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thyrall fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".
- : Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Landmine Safety Protocol".
- : Thyrall endorsed The Community of Dashnation.
- : Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nation of Quebec".
- : Thyrall was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Thyrall was endorsed by The Community of Dashnation.
- : Thyrall voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Royal Lagrangian".
- : Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Booby-Trapped Aid".
- : Thyrall was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.