“Die for what you believe in”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the West Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of Thyrall is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Rage with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 7.352 billion Thyrallians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Korkabain City. The average income tax rate is 54%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Uranium Mining.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, all tariffs have been abolished, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, and waste is frequently shipped to other countries. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thyrall's national animal is the timber wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is oragomi, and its currency is the curit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Thyrall was endorsed by The Cardinal Guardian Protector of Wickedly evil people.
- 11 days ago: Thyrall was endorsed by The Chocolate Loving Paradise of Darkesia.
- 12 days ago: Thyrall was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Thyrall was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 13 days ago: Thyrall was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 13 days ago: Thyrall was endorsed by The Cardinal Guardian Most Evil of Bhang Bhang Duc.
- 13 days ago: Thyrall was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 13 days ago: Thyrall applied to join the World Assembly.
- 28 days ago: Thyrall was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 43 days ago: Thyrall was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).