The Most Serene Republic of Thyrall is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Rage with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful population of 7.781 billion Thyrallians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Korkabain City. The average income tax rate is 35.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Thyrallian economy, worth 714 trillion curits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 91,850 curits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', homeless people are frequently charged with trespassing on public property, the government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector, and space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down. Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thyrall's national animal is the timber wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is oragomi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 11 hours ago
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Luna Amore".
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Thyrall voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Thyrall was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 3 days ago: Thyrall was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Thyrall fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 9 days ago: Thyrall fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 14 days ago: Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Suppress International Piracy"".
- 17 days ago: Thyrall was endorsed by The Commranger of The Republic of Llamas.
- 22 days ago: Thyrall voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Republicans"".
- 22 days ago: Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of Marriage Act"".