“Die for what you believe in”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the West Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of Thyrall is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Rage with a fair hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 5.173 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Korkabain City. The average income tax rate is 66%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Furniture Restoration.
Cities are engulfed by smog, bizarre-looking creatures called 'timber wolfdogs' dominate wildlife preserves, immigrant herding has become a national pastime, and timber wolfs are frequently shot for looking at people 'in a funny way'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thyrall's national animal is the timber wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is oragomi, and its currency is the curit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 22 hours ago: Thyrall was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Mercanta.
- 3 days ago: Thyrall was endorsed by The Republic of Fratellnoir.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Thyrall fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 4 days ago: Thyrall was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 6 days ago: Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 8 days ago: Thyrall was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Internet Net Neutrality Act"".
- 11 days ago: Thyrall voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Macedon"".
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Thyrall, timber wolfs are frequently shot for looking at people 'in a funny way'.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Thyrall, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Southern Eureka, Chestaan, Acropylae, Amymnia, Mathematania, The Arrogant Bumblebees, Otago, Bhang Bhang Duc, Robbinston, Todler, Mochaworld, RecreationalUsers, The 9 Stars, Tespa, Offshore Racing, Allwarts, Arctura Dara, South Mike, Greg Tucker, Capitalist Paradise, Ashkan, Corporatist Trusts Inc, New Novak, Dynatek, Ricochet, Confederate Kentuckiana, Lamebrainia, Prkniland, All Good People, Coriolis, Danstinople, Arbroath, Yy4u, Wickedly evil people, Punk Reloaded, Sangha, Nothingness in Nothing, Saint-Thor, BIteland, Darkesia, Esselarkay, United Congregation, Moerderreich, Andessa, Rudrapole, Aestate, and Mercanta.