“Die for what you believe in”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the West Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of Thyrall is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Rage with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful population of 7.609 billion Thyrallians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Korkabain City. The average income tax rate is 31.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Thyrallian economy, worth 709 trillion curits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 93,193 curits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', homeless people are frequently charged with trespassing on public property, the government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector, and space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thyrall's national animal is the timber wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is oragomi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Thyrall was endorsed by The Commranger of The Republic of Llamas.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Thyrall voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"".
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Thyrall voted against the World Assembly Resolution "War Crimes Tribunal".
- 6 days ago: Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 6 days ago: Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 7 days ago: Thyrall was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 9 days ago: Thyrall was endorsed by The Empire of Rome V.
- 9 days ago: Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 12 days ago: Thyrall voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Double Taxation".
- 21 days ago: Thyrall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Marine Debris Accord".