“Good Fortune Stems From Good Will”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Democratic Socialist Assembly
The Pacifist Cantons of Thomsylvania is a massive, safe nation, ruled by the Supreme Senate of Representatives with a fair hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.765 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Social Equality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Glyndŵr. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and refugees from other nations are flocking to Thomsylvania's border. Crime is totally unknown. Thomsylvania's national animal is the Griffin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Galleon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Thomsylvania was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Thomsylvania, refugees from other nations are flocking to Thomsylvania's border.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Thomsylvania, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Thomsylvania, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Thomsylvania, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 16 hours ago: Thomsylvania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 19 days ago: Thomsylvania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 23 days ago: Thomsylvania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 35 days ago: Thomsylvania was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- 48 days ago: Thomsylvania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 18 (Altruistic Paladins, The Celtic Islets, Suceavija, Lowlandian States, Umweltbewusst, Internationalist Worker Cooperatives, Commonhood, Herrebrugh, Haltari, Laevendell, Republic of St Vincent and the Grenadine, Ratateague, Sovieticos, The WA Delegate of Ritchardville II, Pisces Meridian, Elbaland, Gunnerxlll, Gervase)