The Dominion of Thisbia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Queen Tanya Elizabeth with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.528 billion Thisbinese hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imors. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 89.6%.
The all-consuming Thisbinase economy, worth 805 trillion magnars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 84,560 magnars, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
Protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, and the sanitised and dull music festivals of Thisbia are famed for their reasonable volume levels. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thisbia's national animal is the Dolphin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Thisbia, the sanitised and dull music festivals of Thisbia are famed for their reasonable volume levels.
- : Thisbia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Thisbia altered its national flag.
- : Thisbia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth, Safest, Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Least Corrupt Governments, and Best Weather.
- : Thisbia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Thisbia, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Thisbia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Thisbia ceased to exist.
- : Thisbia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- : Thisbia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.