“Intelligence is Victory!”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Dominion of Thisbia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Queen Tanya Elizabeth with a fair hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 7.168 billion Thisbinese hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Defence and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imors. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 89%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Max Barry is this year's Miss Thisbia, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, all new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, and teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Thisbia's national animal is the Dolphin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the magnar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 10 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Thisbia changed its national demonym to "Thisbin", its demonym adjective to "Thisbinase", and its demonym plural to "Thisbinese".
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Thisbia, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill.
- 21 days ago: Thisbia fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Influential.
- 32 days ago: Thisbia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 40 days ago: Thisbia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 51 days ago: Thisbia fell out of the world Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 52 days ago: Thisbia fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 53 days ago: Thisbia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 54 days ago: Thisbia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 69 days ago: Thisbia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.