“Intelligence is Victory!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Dominion of Thisbia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Queen Tanya Elizabeth with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.811 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Defence and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imors. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 89%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the nation's youth is held blameless for all crimes, and 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thisbia's national animal is the Dolphin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the magnar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 12 hours ago
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Thisbia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 15 days ago: Thisbia was endorsed by The Federation of Stupranislavia.
- 23 days ago: Thisbia was endorsed by The Dominion of Someone Special.
- 25 days ago: Thisbia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 26 days ago: Thisbia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 32 days ago: Thisbia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 35 days ago: Thisbia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 35 days ago: Thisbia was struck by a Cure Missile from The InfoSocialist Federation of Aigania, curing 118 million infected.
- 36 days ago: Thisbia was struck by a Cure Missile from The Dominion of Rangers Brotherhood, curing 171 million infected.
- 36 days ago: Thisbia was struck by a Cure Missile from The Dominion of Rangers Brotherhood, curing 121 million infected.
Endorsements Received: 40 » The Floodcity, Aigania, Sarotte, Serious Problems, General Mike, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Loftegen, Cats claw, Beezertopia, 5 Flowers, Cronintopia, Sindria, Aegis-5, Davewerld, Hyperbolic Orbit, Drakomagic, Kurogasawa, Zsunnies, Farmboybob, Trackeendy, Lamborghini Murcielago, Sargonastan, Gauntleted Fist, Rangers Brotherhood, Ecchi Unlimited, Courlany, Citiga, Petoricano, Knights Almeria, Fortytipper, Matsumoton, Tanzu, Wuington, Valinoriya, East Solaria, Red Furry Things, Uyui Norte, Harmoneia, Milograd, and The Greater Aristony.