The Amerikanisches Reich of ThinkPads is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by General Disapproval with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, complete lack of public education, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 20.981 billion ThinkPadsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, outspoken individuals is primarily concerned with Law & Order, although Public Transport and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient ThinkPadsian economy, worth a remarkable 6,109 trillion gold ounces a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 291,192 gold ounces, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, birth rates have hit an all-time low, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced, and a National Academy regulates grammar and usage. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. ThinkPads's national animal is the housecat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : ThinkPads was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : ThinkPads voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to sexual privacy".
- : ThinkPads approved the World Assembly proposal "Right to sexual privacy".
- : ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- : ThinkPads's influence in Libertarian rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Kinofopia.