“Rebellis ut tyrannus est obsequium ut Deus”
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Amerikanisches Reich of ThinkPads is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by General Disapproval with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 18.455 billion ThinkPadsians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Commerce and Public Transport are secondary priorities. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining industries.
Voting is voluntary, people are arrested for looking too sternly at whales, ThinkPads City is a police state during international summits, and tourists outnumber citizens two to one. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. ThinkPads's national animal is the housecat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the gold ounce.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 2 hours ago
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in ThinkPads, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in ThinkPads, ThinkPads City is a police state during international summits.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: ThinkPads was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in ThinkPads, people are arrested for looking too sternly at whales.
- 4 days ago: ThinkPads lodged a message on the Libertarian Regional Message Board.
- 15 days ago: ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in ThinkPads, voting is voluntary.
- 40 days ago: ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 45 days ago: ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 48 days ago: ThinkPads was cleansed by a Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from The Republic of Pittsanthia, killing 28 million zombies.