“Rebellis ut tyrannus est obsequium ut Deus”
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Amerikanisches Reich of ThinkPads is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by General Disapproval with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 18.318 billion ThinkPadsians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining industries.
Mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, fine dining is just too fine for most of the populace, and voting is voluntary. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. ThinkPads's national animal is the housecat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the gold ounce.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in ThinkPads, voting is voluntary.
- 18 days ago: ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 23 days ago: ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 26 days ago: ThinkPads was cleansed by a Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from The Republic of Pittsanthia, killing 28 million zombies.
- 28 days ago: ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 34 days ago: ThinkPads was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 52 days ago: ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 59 days ago: ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 78 days ago: ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 86 days ago: ThinkPads fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.