|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Voluntary Free Zone of Thesum is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Robert Nought with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.502 billion Thesumians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Defence and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Northshore. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
The government has outlawed extremist parties, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, and a National Academy regulates grammar and usage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thesum's national animal is the Thesumian Snow Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the Quin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Thesum altered its national flag.
- 1 day ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 3 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 4 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 6 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Developed.
- 11 days ago: Thesum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 16 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 17 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 18 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 23 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Godforsaken.