|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Voluntary Free Zone of Thesum is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Robert Nought with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.2 billion Thesumians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Defence and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Northshore. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
The government has outlawed extremist parties, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, and a National Academy regulates grammar and usage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thesum's national animal is the Thesumian Snow Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the Quin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days ago
- 14 hours ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 3 days ago: Thesum was refounded in Osiris.
- 5 days ago: Thesum ceased to exist.
- 9 days ago: Thesum fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 10 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- 11 days ago: Thesum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 23 days ago: Thesum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 38 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 43 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.