|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: The Cornellian Empire
The Voluntary Free Zone of Thesum is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Robert Nought with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.164 billion Thesumians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Defence and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Northshore. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
The government has outlawed extremist parties, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, and a National Academy regulates grammar and usage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thesum's national animal is the Thesumian Snow Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the Quin.
Thesum is ranked 8th in The Cornellian Empire and 13,298th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 334 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 7 hours ago: Thesum fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Thesum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 14 days ago: Thesum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 29 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 34 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 39 days ago: Thesum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 40 days ago: Thesum's influence in The Cornellian Empire fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- 44 days ago: Thesum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 46 days ago: Thesum's influence in The Cornellian Empire rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".