The Freedom of TheSource is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by LEADER with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, rampant corporate plagiarism, and self-igniting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 27.693 billion TheSourceans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Industry, with Defense and Spirituality not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CAPITAL. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient TheSourcean economy, worth a remarkable 5,756 trillion CURRENCIES a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 207,875 CURRENCIES, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 681,709 per year while the poor average 47,573, a ratio of 14.3 to 1.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, the land is famous throughout the region for its rampant lawlessness, and abortions are routinely performed in TheSource's hospitals. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. TheSource's national animal is the ANIMAL, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is FAITH.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : TheSource was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : TheSource was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : TheSource agreed to construct embassies between Nederland and Belgium.
- : TheSource was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 1%).
- : TheSource was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: #1).
- : TheSource's influence in Nederland fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : TheSource's influence in Nederland rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : TheSource was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: #1).
- : TheSource lodged a message on the Nederland Regional Message Board.
- : TheSource appointed The Lektronische Staat of Lektropia as Non-executive Delegate with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Nederland.