The Hyperdemocratic Republic of Thesan is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by the Prime Magister Rikhart Haviler with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.648 billion Thesanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mairidan. The average income tax rate is 52.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Thesanian economy, worth 535 trillion Lens a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 80,579 Lens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown. Thesan's national animal is the Thesan White Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thesan's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments, Most Cheerful Citizens, Least Corrupt Governments, and Best Weather and the Top 5% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Thesan's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Thesan was refounded in Balder.
- : Thesan ceased to exist.
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Happiest Citizens.