The Hyperdemocratic Republic of Thesan is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Prime Magister Rikhart Haviler with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, rampant corporate plagiarism, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.63 billion Thesanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mairidan. The average income tax rate is 55.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Thesanian economy, worth 520 trillion Lens a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 78,563 Lens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown. Thesan's national animal is the Thesan White Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Thesan, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Thesan, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes.
- : Thesan fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Thesan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.