“Iustitia socialis nos defendet.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Hyperdemocratic Republic of Thesan is a massive, genial nation, ruled by the Prime Magister Rikhart Haviler with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.493 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mairidan. The average income tax rate is 67%, and even higher for the wealthy. A very small private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, voting is voluntary, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown. Thesan's national animal is the Thesan White Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Len.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Thesan endorsed The Blue and Green GRO of Anime Daisuki.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, voting is voluntary.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Thesan was endorsed by The Blue and Green GRO of Anime Daisuki.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- 4 days ago: Thesan withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 4 days ago: Thesan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, the TBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
Endorsements Received: 75 (Ravenclaw Towers, Dustwind, Isoldi, Spadanera, Voodoo garden, Ianm, Ikhlaqistan, Moogs World, Tzo, The imperial state of Japan, Sigsauer and zachary, Randomain, Liyf, Upper New Ontario, Lahuland, Achiotopia, Western Zweiback, Invictus, Edgemaster, Blogotopia, Mooiverwacht, Kokkinostan, Hayden Island, Iontan, Anollasia, Shattered Cultures, Oseus, Smackalick, Solleana, Tesla Electricity Nation, Nuckingtonia, Kievskaya, Eat_aly, Onarii, Iroc, Lubnid, Quineticut, Herper Derper, Grungerock, Johnburg, Freres La Cote, The Fried Fritos, Eaglleia, Krade, The Republic of Michigan, Arkhane, Marexia, Natashadom, Splanger, Gitchie Manito, Republic of VEW, Lutreis, Cammiwoo, Stas Nikitin, United Republic of India, Republic of Carl, Jentoan, Imperial Royal Union, Christo et Ecclesiae, Woonsocket, Glaciacium, Earth Federation, Glaciem, Oceanic Republic, Canes belli, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, New Ecopia, Venerus, Aquinoland, Heileopolis, Shenanigans, Ayunli, Zimmer-Land, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Anime Daisuki)