“Iustitia socialis nos defendet.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Hyperdemocratic Republic of Thesan is a massive, genial nation, ruled by the Prime Magister Rikhart Haviler with a fair hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.528 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, the Environment, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mairidan. The average income tax rate is 52%, and even higher for the wealthy. A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, and wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms. Crime is totally unknown. Thesan's national animal is the Thesan White Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Len.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 21 hours ago
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- 5 days ago: Thesan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 15 days ago: Thesan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Planetary Annihilation".
- 15 days ago: Thesan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Thesan, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Dustwind, Spadanera, Tzo, The imperial state of Japan, Randomain, Lahuland, Achiotopia, Invictus, Blogotopia, Kokkinostan, Hayden Island, Iontan, Anollasia, Solleana, Tesla Electricity Nation, Kievskaya, Onarii, Lubnid, Quineticut, Grungerock, Freres La Cote, Republic of VEW, Cammiwoo, Imperial Royal Union, Earth Federation, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Northern Koryeo, Kelvinski, Thomason, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, Seranis, Biblical Importance, Steidenland, Spagatine states of Potato, The United Libertarian regions, Benevolent Thomas, and Naarang.