The Liberal Republic of The Wiggle is a colossal, genial nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 5.911 billion The Wiggleans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Wiggle City. The average income tax rate is 79.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse The Wigglean economy, worth 288 trillion Foons a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Gambling industry. Average income is 48,778 Foons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The arms industry is strictly regulated, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, vaccinations are mandatory, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Wiggle's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Wiggle was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : The Wiggle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Wiggle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in The Wiggle, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in The Wiggle, vaccinations are mandatory.
- : The Wiggle voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Sapient Rights".
- : The Wiggle was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : The Wiggle applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in The Wiggle, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in The Wiggle, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
Endorsements Received: None.