“Beware those who are already Wary”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Comfy Recliner of The Wary Walrus is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Walter the Wary Walrus with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.412 billion The Wary Walrusians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Walterville. The average income tax rate is 75%, and even higher for the wealthy. A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, nude art is becoming wildly popular, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of The Wary Walrus's radio stations, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in The Wary Walrus to be bombproof. Crime is totally unknown. The Wary Walrus's national animal is the non-wary walrus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its currency is the dubyahs.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 25 days ago: The Wary Walrus lodged a message on the Gay Regional Message Board.
- 25 days ago: The Wary Walrus relocated from The Skeleton Army to Gay.
- 25 days ago: The Wary Walrus altered its national flag.
- 25 days ago: The Wary Walrus relocated from Osiris to The Skeleton Army.
- 25 days ago: The Wary Walrus was refounded in Osiris.
- 53 days ago: The Wary Walrus ceased to exist.
- 55 days ago: The Wary Walrus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 67 days ago: The Wary Walrus's influence in The Skeleton Army fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 70 days ago: The Wary Walrus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 72 days ago: The Wary Walrus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.