The Comfy Recliner of The Wary Walrus is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Walter the Wary Walrus with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, complete lack of prisons, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.301 billion The Wary Walrusians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Walterville. The average income tax rate is 80.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong The Wary Walrusian economy, worth 414 trillion dubyah a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 65,759 dubyah, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, nude art is becoming wildly popular, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of The Wary Walrus's radio stations, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in The Wary Walrus to be bombproof. Crime is totally unknown. The Wary Walrus's national animal is the non-wary walrus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Wary Walrus's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Wary Walrus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Wary Walrus's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Wary Walrus's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Wary Walrus's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : The Wary Walrus relocated from Lazarus to The Skeleton Army.
- : The Wary Walrus was refounded in Lazarus.
- : The Wary Walrus ceased to exist.
- : The Wary Walrus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : The Wary Walrus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.