The Comfy Recliner of The Wary Walrus is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Walter the Wary Walrus with a fair hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.911 billion The Wary Walrusians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Walterville. The average income tax rate is 80.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong The Wary Walrusian economy, worth 388 trillion dubyah a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 65,759 dubyah, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, nude art is becoming wildly popular, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of The Wary Walrus's radio stations, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in The Wary Walrus to be bombproof. Crime is totally unknown. The Wary Walrus's national animal is the non-wary walrus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Wary Walrus fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- : The Wary Walrus altered its national flag.
- : The Wary Walrus lodged a message on the The Skeleton Army Regional Message Board.
- : The Wary Walrus relocated from Balder to The Skeleton Army.
- : The Wary Walrus was refounded in Balder.
- : The Wary Walrus ceased to exist.
- : The Wary Walrus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nudest.
- : The Wary Walrus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : The Wary Walrus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : The Wary Walrus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).