The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Leita O'Shea with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 27.028 billion Voltaru love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ohm. The average income tax rate is 99.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Voltaru economy, worth a remarkable 5,166 trillion volts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 191,142 volts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations, and almost all of The Voltarum's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Voltarum's national animal is the electric sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Voltarum agreed to construct embassies between Antarctica and Nasicournia.
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Animal Abuse".
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Toxic Heavy Metals Act".
- : The Voltarum was endorsed by The Empire of Newest Germany.
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : The Voltarum rejected a request from New Ausozera for an embassy with Antarctica.
- : The Voltarum rejected a request from Soffixian Commonwealth of Nations for an embassy with Antarctica.
- : The Voltarum rejected a request from The Reaper Council for an embassy with Antarctica.
- : The Voltarum rejected a request from The Bar on the corner of every region for an embassy with Antarctica.
- : The Voltarum rejected a request from Right to Life for an embassy with Antarctica.