The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leita O'Shea with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 27.38 billion Voltaru love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ohm. The average income tax rate is 99.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Voltaru economy, worth a remarkable 5,240 trillion volts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 191,388 volts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations, and almost all of The Voltarum's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Voltarum's national animal is the electric sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Partially Born".
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Utopia"".
- : The Voltarum was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : The Voltarum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act".
- : The Voltarum was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sabelhar.
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate California".
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Protocol"".
- : The Voltarum rejected a request from The hub for an embassy with Antarctica.
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Digital Network Defense".