The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Leita O'Shea with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 27.6 billion Voltaru love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ohm. The average income tax rate is 99.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Voltaru economy, worth a remarkable 5,280 trillion volts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 191,306 volts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations, and almost all of The Voltarum's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Voltarum's national animal is the electric sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Voltarum was endorsed by The Cybermetropolis of Jittersamhay.
- : The Voltarum was endorsed by The Colony of St Georges Territory.
- : The Voltarum granted posting privileges on the Antarctica Regional Message Board to Delegates and Founders in embassy regions.
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Lone Wolves United".
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Foreign Patent Recognition"".
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Sexual Privacy".
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Against Suicide Seeds".
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Gregoryisgodistan".
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Place that has No Big Banks"".
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Environmental Warfare Act".