“Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Xerco Longbottom with a fair hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 22.222 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ohm. The average income tax rate is 100%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining.
The study of medicine is popular throughout The Voltarum, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, drunk drivers are sentenced to death, and the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Voltarum's national animal is the electric sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the volt.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 3 hours ago
- 21 hours ago: The Voltarum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 4 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 4 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 6 days ago: The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- 7 days ago: The Voltarum's influence in Antarctica fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 8 days ago: The Voltarum's influence in Antarctica rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 9 days ago: The Voltarum's influence in Antarctica fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 9 days ago: The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 12 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
- 12 days ago: The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Assisted Suicide Act".