The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leita O'Shea with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 26.425 billion Voltaru love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ohm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Voltaru economy, worth a remarkable 5,037 trillion volts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 190,644 volts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations, and almost all of The Voltarum's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Voltarum's national animal is the electric sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Voltarum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Explosive Remnants of War".
- : The Voltarum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Clean Energy".
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to sexual privacy".
- : The Voltarum was endorsed by The Federation of The 2nd Repuplic of Ruskna.
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Landmine Safety Protocol".
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend BearNation".
- : The Voltarum lodged a message on the Antarctica Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Hobbitat, Saliba, Piedra Negra, Toneor, Super Pixeled Penguins, Free4All, Zadtsland, Xmara, Antarctica and Her Provinces, Vasts, New Calharope, Queimada Grande, and Deseonia.