“Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Xerco Longbottom with a fair hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 23.063 billion Voltaru love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ohm. The average income tax rate is 100%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining.
The study of medicine is popular throughout The Voltarum, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, drunk drivers are sentenced to death, and the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Voltarum's national animal is the electric sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the volt.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 3 days 3 hours ago: The Voltarum approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Omigodtheykilledkenny".
- 3 days 22 hours ago: The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 5 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 7 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 7 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 11 days ago: The Voltarum lodged a message on the Antarctica Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: The Voltarum lodged a message on the Antarctica Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 12 days ago: The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 13 days ago: The Voltarum changed its national demonym to "Voltaru", its demonym adjective to "Voltaru", and its demonym plural to "Voltaru".