The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leita O'Shea with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 24.623 billion Voltaru love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ohm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Voltaru economy, worth a remarkable 4,674 trillion volts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 189,822 volts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations, and almost all of The Voltarum's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Voltarum's national animal is the electric sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 38 minutes ago
- 3 days 14 hours ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Stujenske".
- 7 days ago: The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Mahaj".
- 10 days ago: The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reducing Automobile Emissions"".
- 12 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Renegade Islands Alliance".
- 13 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
- 16 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Tiago Silva"".
- 16 days ago: The Voltarum was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: The Voltarum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 1%).
- 19 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Scientific Cooperation".
- 19 days ago: The Voltarum lodged a message on the Antarctica Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Hobbitat, Saliba, Piedra Negra, Toneor, Super Pixeled Penguins, Free4All, Glorious Land of Freedom, Aryndia, Zadtsland, Antartika-Ghadon, Xmara, Terranuva, and Delovinomino.