“Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Xerco Longbottom with a fair hand, and remarkable for its strong anti-business policies. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 22.457 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ohm. The average income tax rate is 100%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining.
The study of medicine is popular throughout The Voltarum, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, drunk drivers are sentenced to death, and the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Voltarum's national animal is the electric sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the volt.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 5 hours ago
- 2 days 17 hours ago: The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 2 days 17 hours ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 7 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Planetary Annihilation".
- 7 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
- 11 days ago: The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Code of Maritime Law".
- 12 days ago: The Voltarum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Slavia"".
- 16 days ago: The Voltarum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Strategic Arms Reduction".
- 17 days ago: The Voltarum's influence in Antarctica fell from "Superpower" to "Power".