“Cruelty is a virtue, not a vice.”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Queendom of The Veiled Phoenix is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dread Queen Seinre Verai with an iron fist, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5.472 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Telia. The average income tax rate is 79%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Veiled Phoenix's national animal is the Phoenix of the Veil, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is The Cult of Shadowed Chaos, and its currency is the Tear.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 58 minutes ago: The Veiled Phoenix was endorsed by The Minister of Defense of Kiwitaicho.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: The Veiled Phoenix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Veiled Phoenix, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Veiled Phoenix, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Veiled Phoenix, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Veiled Phoenix, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: The Veiled Phoenix endorsed The Former Delegate of McMasterdonia.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: The Veiled Phoenix voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Veiled Phoenix, charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: The Veiled Phoenix was endorsed by The Former Delegate of McMasterdonia.
Endorsements Received: 46 (Grosseschnauzer, Yaorozu, Groovistan, Enif, Pasargad, Ischaemia, Great Bights Mum, Herzliyya, Kitabo, Former English Colony, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Boobaloo, Blue Wolf II, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Spikester, Eumbner, Everywheristan, God n Country n Byron, Malvad, Unimaginable Doom, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Neosocialists, Zemnaya Svoboda, Ator People, TheImpaler, Scotstan, Queen Ravenna Fontainon, Esponnise, Jamie Anumia, Lucamania, Kingdom Of Marvin, Mariensbergian Principality, Danigan, Deutronesia, Viarizi, Jeiji, Avalon, Greater Alesia, Love Song, General COE, McMasterdonia, Kiwitaicho)