“An injury to one is an injury to all”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Combined Syndicates of The USOT is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Vox Populi with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 6.541 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deleonshire. The average income tax rate is 98%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.
The government pours millions of Credits into rehabilitation programs annually, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime is totally unknown. The USOT's national animal is the Human, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Pantheism, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: The USOT was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: The USOT's influence in Sapphire rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 4 days ago: The USOT fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 12 days ago: The USOT fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: The USOT was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: The USOT fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 40 days ago: The USOT fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 46 days ago: The USOT fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 55 days ago: The USOT was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 64 days ago: The USOT altered its national flag.