“Don't Let 'Em Grind You Down”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ankh Mauta
The American Monarchial Republic of The Tiger Kingdom is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Revan Halcyon with an even hand, and notable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 4.788 billion Tigericans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Washington DC. The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, referenda are banned by law and the Parliament has absolute control of the legislative process, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Tiger Kingdom's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Tiger-Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 2 days 14 hours ago: The Tiger Kingdom was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: The Tiger Kingdom was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 4 days ago: The Tiger Kingdom voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 10 days ago: The Tiger Kingdom voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 11 days ago: The Tiger Kingdom changed its national demonym to "Tigerican" and its demonym adjective to "Tigerican".
- 12 days ago: The Tiger Kingdom voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Spills and Leaks".
- 18 days ago: The Tiger Kingdom voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Welfare in Adoption".
- 20 days ago: The Tiger Kingdom voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Joint Systems Alliance"".
- 21 days ago: The Tiger Kingdom lodged a message on the Ankh Mauta Regional Message Board.
- 21 days ago: The Tiger Kingdom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: None.