“The Brotherhood of Man and the Fatherhood of God.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: The United States Republic
The Foederal Republic of The Theban Legion is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Marcus Aurelius with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.402 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Amorion. The average income tax rate is 61%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, the judicial branch is strongly influenced by major corporations, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Theban Legion's national animal is the double headed eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Theban Christianity, and its currency is the Solidus.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 10 hours ago
- 9 days ago: The Theban Legion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: The Theban Legion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 47 days ago: The Theban Legion fell out of the world Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 71 days ago: The Theban Legion fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 84 days ago: The Theban Legion was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 95 days ago: The Theban Legion was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 10%).
- 102 days ago: The Theban Legion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 107 days ago: The Theban Legion relocated from Osiris to The United States Republic.
- 107 days ago: The Theban Legion was refounded in Osiris.
- 108 days ago: The Theban Legion ceased to exist.