The Crusading Order of The Teutonic Knights is a colossal, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.393 billion Teutonic Knights are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marienburg. The average income tax rate is 31.8%.
The strong Teutonic economy, worth 399 trillion Marks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 47,611 Marks, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
The Teutonic Knights has designated Marienburg as its capital city, women are often jailed for failing to fetch their husband's slippers, the government is seen to favor Catholics, and historical fiction has been banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a very well-funded police force. The Teutonic Knights's national animal is the two-headed Eagle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- : The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- : The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- : The Teutonic Knights relocated from Balder to Maltropian Puppet Confederacy.
- : The Teutonic Knights fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : The Teutonic Knights altered its national flag.
- : The Teutonic Knights was refounded in Balder.
- : The Teutonic Knights ceased to exist.
- : The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.