The Crusading Order of The Teutonic Knights is a colossal, orderly nation, notable for its compulsory military service, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.05 billion Teutonic Knights are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marienburg. The average income tax rate is 31.8%.
The strong Teutonic economy, worth 383 trillion Marks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 47,611 Marks, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
The Teutonic Knights has designated Marienburg as its capital city, women are often jailed for failing to fetch their husband's slippers, the government is seen to favor Catholics, and historical fiction has been banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a very well-funded police force. The Teutonic Knights's national animal is the two-headed Eagle.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 133 days ago: The Teutonic Knights altered its national flag.
- 133 days ago: The Teutonic Knights was refounded in Balder.
- 134 days ago: The Teutonic Knights ceased to exist.
- 143 days ago: The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 143 days ago: The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 159 days ago: The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- 1 year 4 days ago: The Teutonic Knights changed its national demonym to "Teutonic Knights", its demonym adjective to "Teutonic", and its demonym plural to "Teutonic Knights".
- 1 year 99 days ago: The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 year 127 days ago: The Teutonic Knights fell out of the regional Top 5% for Happiest Citizens.
- 1 year 198 days ago: The Teutonic Knights fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.