The Crusading Order of The Teutonic Knights is a colossal, orderly nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.795 billion Teutonic Knights are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marienburg. The average income tax rate is 31.8%.
The strong Teutonic economy, worth 371 trillion Marks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 47,611 Marks, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
The Teutonic Knights has designated Marienburg as its capital city, women are often jailed for failing to fetch their husband's slippers, the government is seen to favor Catholics, and historical fiction has been banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a very well-funded police force. The Teutonic Knights's national animal is the two-headed Eagle.
Most Recent Government Activity: 37 days ago
- 91 days ago: The Teutonic Knights altered its national flag.
- 91 days ago: The Teutonic Knights was refounded in Balder.
- 91 days ago: The Teutonic Knights ceased to exist.
- 100 days ago: The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 100 days ago: The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 116 days ago: The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- 327 days ago: The Teutonic Knights changed its national demonym to "Teutonic Knights", its demonym adjective to "Teutonic", and its demonym plural to "Teutonic Knights".
- 1 year 56 days ago: The Teutonic Knights was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 year 84 days ago: The Teutonic Knights fell out of the regional Top 5% for Happiest Citizens.
- 1 year 155 days ago: The Teutonic Knights fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.