The Free Land of The Talking Bears is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 11.363 billion Talking Bears enjoy frequent elections, which are uniformly corrupted by big-spending corporations buying politicians who best suit their interests.
The tiny, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.5%.
The Bearish economy, worth 561 trillion promises a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Automobile Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 49,388 promises, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 333,744 per year while the poor average 2,702, a ratio of 123 to 1.
Scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been recorded, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced, and murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour. Crime is a problem. The Talking Bears's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 17 days ago: The Talking Bears lodged a message on the The Council of Narnia Regional Message Board.
- 19 days ago: The Talking Bears was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 22 days ago: The Talking Bears was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 80 days ago: The Talking Bears fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 92 days ago: The Talking Bears was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 140 days ago: The Talking Bears was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 169 days ago: The Talking Bears was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).
- 179 days ago: The Talking Bears was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 222 days ago: The Talking Bears was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 244 days ago: The Talking Bears changed its national demonym to "Talking Bear" and its demonym adjective to "Bearish".