“'WWAD' ('What Would Aslan Do?')”
|Category: Free-Market Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Council of Narnia
The Free Land of The Talking Bears is a colossal, devout nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.45 billion enjoy frequent elections, which are uniformly corrupted by big-spending corporations buying politicians who best suit their interests.
The small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12%. A robust private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, and Tourism industries.
Scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been recorded, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced, and murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour. Crime is a serious problem. The Talking Bears's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the promise.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 16 hours ago
- 13 days ago: The Talking Bears fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 58 days ago: The Talking Bears was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 60 days ago: The Talking Bears relocated from Osiris to The Council of Narnia.
- 60 days ago: The Talking Bears altered its national flag.
- 60 days ago: The Talking Bears was refounded in Osiris.
- 61 days ago: The Talking Bears ceased to exist.
- 66 days ago: The Talking Bears was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 67 days ago: The Talking Bears fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 78 days ago: The Talking Bears was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 93 days ago: The Talking Bears was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).