“We Shall Rise Again!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Federal Republic of The Stars in Daylight is a massive, devout nation, ruled by the Jackus In Charge with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.929 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, concentrates mainly on Defence, although Education and Law & Order are secondary priorities. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, and crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Stars in Daylight's national animal is the Phoenix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Starbuck.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 4 days ago: The Stars in Daylight was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- 12 days ago: The Stars in Daylight was endorsed by The Kingdom of Nmphuong91.
- 13 days ago: The Stars in Daylight endorsed Femina nation.
- 13 days ago: The Stars in Daylight endorsed The Kingdom of Nmphuong91.
- 13 days ago: The Stars in Daylight endorsed The Great Empire of Emperor Carl.
- 13 days ago: The Stars in Daylight endorsed The Paradisiacal Republic of Ryzlia.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in The Stars in Daylight, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
- 13 days ago: The Stars in Daylight voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
- 13 days ago: The Stars in Daylight voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Assisted Suicide Act".
- 14 days ago: The Stars in Daylight was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.