The Founder of The Spirit is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Spirit with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, rampant corporate plagiarism, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 8.259 billion The Spiritians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spirit City. The average income tax rate is 28.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient The Spiritian economy, worth 222 trillion Gold Coins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Cheese Exports, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 26,959 Gold Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, international tensions are high as The Spirit threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in The Spirit to be bombproof. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Spirit's national animal is the Wind Spirit and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Spirit was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- : The Spirit ejected The Empire of Nudee from Spiritus.
- : The Spirit ejected The Free Land of Wealth Gap from Spiritus.
- : The Spirit ejected The Rogue Nation of Bloodshed Basin from Spiritus.
- : The Spirit ejected The Theocracy of Jackistanistan from Spiritus.
- : The Spirit lodged a message on the Spiritus Regional Message Board.
- : The Spirit was struck by a Cure Missile from The Protectorate of Spiritus WFE History, curing 1 million infected.
- : The Spirit was struck by a Cure Missile from The Crashed Spaceship of Salaxians, curing 1 million infected.
- : The Spirit was struck by a Cure Missile from The Rogue Nation of Totally Not Salaxalans, curing 1 million infected.
- : The Spirit was struck by a Cure Missile from The Crashed Spaceship of The Salaxalans, curing 1 million infected.