The Founder of The Spirit is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Spirit with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, rampant corporate plagiarism, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 7.36 billion The Spiritians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Welfare and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spirit City. The average income tax rate is 28.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient The Spiritian economy, worth 198 trillion Gold Coins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Cheese Exports, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 26,959 Gold Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, international tensions are high as The Spirit threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in The Spirit to be bombproof. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Spirit's national animal is the Wind Spirit and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 14 days ago: The Spirit fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 22 days ago: The Spirit lodged a message on the Spiritus Regional Message Board.
- 30 days ago: The Spirit published "Welcome to Spiritus!" (Meta: Reference).
- 30 days ago: The Spirit applied to join the World Assembly.
- 31 days ago: The Spirit updated the World Factbook entry in Spiritus.
- 48 days ago: The Spirit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- 49 days ago: The Spirit was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed.
- 83 days ago: The Spirit lodged a message on the Spiritus Regional Message Board.
- 94 days ago: The Spirit lodged a message on the Spiritus Regional Message Board.
- 116 days ago: The Spirit lodged a message on the Spiritus Regional Message Board.