“United we Stand. Together we Fall.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Founder of The Spirit is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Spirit with a fair hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 4.464 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal government concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spirit City. The average income tax rate is 19%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.
Prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, international tensions are high as The Spirit threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in The Spirit to be bombproof. Crime is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Spirit's national animal is the Wind Spirit, its national religion is Secularism, and its currency is the Gold Coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 15 hours ago
- 3 days 15 hours ago: The Spirit proposed constructing embassies between Spiritus and Global Right Alliance.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: The Spirit proposed constructing embassies between Spiritus and Texas.
- 45 days ago: The Spirit rejected a request from Confederation of Nation States for an embassy with Spiritus.
- 46 days ago: The Spirit lodged a message on the Spiritus Regional Message Board.
- 49 days ago: The Spirit fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 49 days ago: The Spirit updated the World Factbook entry in Spiritus.
- 64 days ago: The Spirit lodged a message on the Spiritus Regional Message Board.
- 64 days ago: The Spirit rejected a request from Los Angeles for an embassy with Spiritus.
- 80 days ago: The Spirit rejected a request from Democratic republic for an embassy with Spiritus.
- 80 days ago: The Spirit rejected a request from Reckeuncela for an embassy with Spiritus.