The Grim Wastelands of The Souless Damned is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Lord Wart with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, zero percent divorce rate, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 24.146 billion The Souless Damnedians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Great Necropolis. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient The Souless Damnedian economy, worth an astonishing 15,470 trillion Gold Death Certificates a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is a breathtaking 640,700 Gold Death Certificates, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,747,621 per year while the poor average 95,627, a ratio of 28.7 to 1.
The nation's cuisine is the laughing stock of NationStates, the government seizes all major gold finds, atheists are heavily taxed, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. The Souless Damned's national animal is the 3 Tailed Scorpion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Necronism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Souless Damned, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : Following new legislation in The Souless Damned, atheists are heavily taxed.
- : Following new legislation in The Souless Damned, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Following new legislation in The Souless Damned, the nation's cuisine is the laughing stock of NationStates.
- : Following new legislation in The Souless Damned, the The Souless Damnedian Babysitters Club has proven to be a huge relief to stressed-out parents across the nation.
- : The Souless Damned was endorsed by The People's Republic of Sawyera.
- : The Souless Damned fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : The Souless Damned fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : The Souless Damned was endorsed by The Empire of Portsky.
- : The Souless Damned was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of Jackbox.