The Peace and Quiet of The Silver Strand is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Lord Silver with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, disturbing lack of elderly people, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.861 billion The Silver Strandians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Strandingham. The average income tax rate is 70.2%.
The frighteningly efficient The Silver Strandian economy, worth 762 trillion Silver Crosses a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 96,990 Silver Crosses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
The roads are notorious throughout the region for their peril, muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Silver Strand's national animal is the lobster, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is The Silver Peace.
The Silver Strand is ranked 6th in Former United States and 11,796th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 252 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Silver Strand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Silver Strand's influence in Former United States rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : The Silver Strand fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : The Silver Strand fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : The Silver Strand's influence in Former United States rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : The Silver Strand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- : The Silver Strand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : The Silver Strand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : The Silver Strand's influence in Former United States rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : The Silver Strand fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.