“Live By The Blade, Die By The Blade.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of The Samurai Regime is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Genacon Ciith with an even hand, and notable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 16.924 billion Samurais are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 84%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, Genacon Ciith has just been declared ruler of The Samurai Regime in an international press conference, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, and citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Samurai Regime's national animal is the Dragon Of Genacon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Dragon Scale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 1 hour ago
- 14 days ago: The Samurai Regime was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- 19 days ago: The Samurai Regime was refounded in Lazarus.
- 40 days ago: The Samurai Regime ceased to exist.
- 58 days ago: The Samurai Regime was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 76 days ago: The Samurai Regime changed its national demonym to "Samurai".
- 89 days ago: Following new legislation in The Samurai Regime, citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow.
- 99 days ago: The Samurai Regime fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 104 days ago: Following new legislation in The Samurai Regime, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
- 105 days ago: The Samurai Regime changed its national leader to "Genacon Ciith".
- 108 days ago: The Samurai Regime fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.