The Empire of The Samurai Regime is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Genacon Ciith with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate population of 18.935 billion Samurais are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 92.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish The Samurai Regimean economy, worth 521 trillion Dragon Scales a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 27,515 Dragon Scales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, Genacon Ciith has just been declared ruler of The Samurai Regime in an international press conference, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, and citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Samurai Regime's national animal is the Dragon Of Genacon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Samurai Regime's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : The Samurai Regime was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : The Samurai Regime's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Samurai Regime's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Samurai Regime's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Samurai Regime was refounded in Balder.
- : The Samurai Regime ceased to exist.
- : The Samurai Regime was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 10%).
- : The Samurai Regime fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : The Samurai Regime was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 5%).