“Live By The Blade, Die By The Blade.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of The Samurai Regime is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate population of 14.614 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 83%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Airport security is provided by private companies, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Samurai Regime's national animal is the Dragon Of Genacon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Dragon Scale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 7 hours ago
- 39 days ago: The Samurai Regime fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 51 days ago: The Samurai Regime fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 72 days ago: The Samurai Regime was refounded.
- 75 days ago: The Samurai Regime ceased to exist.
- 98 days ago: The Samurai Regime fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 99 days ago: The Samurai Regime was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 101 days ago: The Samurai Regime fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 128 days ago: The Samurai Regime was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 178 days ago: The Samurai Regime was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 205 days ago: The Samurai Regime fell out of the world Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.