The Most Serene Matriarchy of The Samurai Kittens is a gargantuan, orderly nation, remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, strictly enforced bedtime, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 15.406 billion Maneki Nekoes are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.4%.
The all-consuming a Maneki Neko economy, worth a remarkable 1,525 trillion Kokus a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 98,990 Kokus, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 630,708 per year while the poor average 6,402, a ratio of 98.5 to 1.
Crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, adultery has been made a capital offence, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, and the commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled The Samurai Kittens with a very polite populace. Crime is moderate. The Samurai Kittens's national animal is the Maneki Neko, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Samurai Kittens fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- : The Samurai Kittens resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The Samurai Kittens lodged a message on the Kittens Sanctuary Regional Message Board.
- : The Samurai Kittens appointed The Cats of Queen Beruthiel as Protector of the Sanctuary with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Kittens Sanctuary.
- : The Samurai Kittens proposed constructing embassies between Kittens Sanctuary and U R N.
- : The Samurai Kittens proposed constructing embassies between Kittens Sanctuary and Hello Kitty.
- : The Samurai Kittens proposed constructing embassies between Kittens Sanctuary and Haiku.
- : The Samurai Kittens updated the World Factbook entry in Kittens Sanctuary.
- : The Samurai Kittens appointed The Samurai Kittens as Protector of the Sanctuary with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Kittens Sanctuary.
- : The Samurai Kittens voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".