“Shiftin' the army and bringin' the party since 2005.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Odd Future Golfwang of The Salvation States is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 19.203 billion The Salvation Statesians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sinapppolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Military spending is on the increase, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative', and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. The Salvation States's national animal is the bearded dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the nipple.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 13 hours ago
- 84 minutes ago: The Salvation States was endorsed by The Pirates of The Floodcity.
- 17 hours ago: The Salvation States was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Salvation States, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 7 days ago: The Salvation States was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 25 days ago: The Salvation States was endorsed by The Democratic State of Ezelis.
- 29 days ago: The Salvation States was endorsed by The Comrade Chairman of Funkadelia.
- 29 days ago: The Salvation States was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 30 days ago: The Salvation States endorsed The Republic of Drakomagic.
- 30 days ago: The Salvation States changed its national currency to "nipple" and its animal to "bearded dragon".
- 36 days ago: The Salvation States was endorsed by The Republic of Drakomagic.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Krudistan Nation, Sarotte, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Aigania, Fortytipper, Loftegen, Aegis-5, Trackeendy, Earth and Freedom, Ecchi Unlimited, Lamborghini Murcielago, Beezertopia, Courlany, Stujenske, Zexen, Cronintopia, Drakomagic, Funkadelia, and The Floodcity.