“Shiftin' the army and bringin' the party since 2005.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Odd Future Golfwang of The Salvation States is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 19.905 billion The Salvation Statesians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government is mainly concerned with the Environment, although Law & Order and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sinapppolis. The average income tax rate is 6%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Military spending is on the increase, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative', and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. The Salvation States's national animal is the bearded dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the nipple.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 6 days ago: The Salvation States endorsed The Iron Production Lands of Feux.
- 17 days ago: The Salvation States was endorsed by The Iron Production Lands of Feux.
- 30 days ago: The Salvation States was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 35 days ago: The Salvation States was endorsed by The Republic of Aenea.
- 37 days ago: The Salvation States fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 64 days ago: The Salvation States was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 71 days ago: The Salvation States endorsed The Old Lazarus King of Killer Kitty.
- 75 days ago: The Salvation States was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 78 days ago: The Salvation States lost the endorsement of The Space Kittehs of Funkadelia.
- 80 days ago: The Salvation States lost the endorsement of The Free Land of Ecchi Unlimited.