|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Somewhat Emotional Entity of The Royal Hapsburgs is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Kaiser Friedrich III with an iron fist, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.68 billion Royal Hapsburgs are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berlin. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 48%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Beef-Based Agriculture.
Billions of German Marks are being blown on orbital weapons development, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, citizens must pay to enjoy The Royal Hapsburgs's pristine beaches, and the religious lobby has the power of veto over health initiatives. Crime is moderate. The Royal Hapsburgs's national animal is the Bald Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Followers of the Revolution, and its currency is the German Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 3 days 17 hours ago: The Royal Hapsburgs endorsed The Kingdom of Ankruna.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: The Royal Hapsburgs withdrew its endorsement from The Republic of Magerit.
- 11 days ago: The Royal Hapsburgs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 14 days ago: The Royal Hapsburgs lodged a message on the Albion Regional Message Board.
- 14 days ago: The Royal Hapsburgs changed its national demonym to "Royal Hapsburg" and its demonym adjective to "Hapsburgese".
- 15 days ago: The Royal Hapsburgs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 22 days ago: The Royal Hapsburgs was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 25 days ago: The Royal Hapsburgs lodged a message on the Albion Regional Message Board.
- 30 days ago: The Royal Hapsburgs was endorsed by The Secular Empire of Quasaria.
- 30 days ago: The Royal Hapsburgs fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Influential.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Magerit.