The Holy Roman Father of The Romanum Legio is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Imperator Vespasianvs Augustvs with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and unlimited-speed roads. The cynical population of 16.956 billion Legionians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ravenna-Romana. The average income tax rate is 36.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Legioan economy, worth a remarkable 1,607 trillion Denarii a year, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 94,825 Denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, citizens who don't attend the nation's massive military parades tend to disappear overnight, and citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Romanum Legio's national animal is the Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Church of the Holy Shark.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Romanum Legio was reclassified from "Libertarian Police State" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in The Romanum Legio, citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors.
- : Following new legislation in The Romanum Legio, citizens who don't attend the nation's massive military parades tend to disappear overnight.
- : The Romanum Legio endorsed The Holy Empire of JJJrtheiiiish.
- : The Romanum Legio voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Explosive Remnants of War".
- : The Romanum Legio fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in The Romanum Legio, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- : The Romanum Legio voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to sexual privacy".
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Holy Empire of JJJrtheiiiish.
- : The Romanum Legio fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Packilvania, East Malaysia, Blazing Samaritan, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, Fyrdowsi, Adolanta, Lyontisia, Freedom Fascists, Eruopia, Trimmania, Bad-tibira, Lanagon, Dragonia, A Slanted Black Stripe, Elkenian, Mundiferrum, Kriov, Molzavar, Tropicalis, Etiowsa, Amselheim, Zorro Renzodo, Elejamie, Slys Paws, Central Territory, Wikichang, Northern Doggerland, Empire of Irish Bacon, Radnia, Davinhia, Bachtendekuppen, Propwash, Arstravia, Latin Corellia, Fernanza, Aguaro, Sinosia, Adavan, EMS Conglomerate, Happy Hour, Brotherland, Idioglassia, Moderate Utopia, Andeat, Silaurius, Todd McCloud, Marceloyudi, LatePanem, PrussianEmpire, and 29 others.Saladass, The Old Iron Cross, Celebia, Blobbo, Greatest Ukraine, Faramount, New Zuzuko, Sarkarpur, Scayvania, Leonella, Anhuranu, Delightful Purgatory, Kingdom of Favus, Alicais, Copperai, Tewhijan, United States of Vitorios, Opotomus, Horologia, Caljugiri, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Nabta Playa, The People of Canada, DaSevenhorse, Servants of Gizmo, LeaveAlone, Udijaz, Novgarov, and JJJrtheiiiish.