The Holy Roman Father of The Romanum Legio is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Imperator Vespasianvs Augustvs with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 16.18 billion Legionians are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ravenna-Romana. The average income tax rate is 30.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Legioan economy, worth a remarkable 1,550 trillion Denarii a year, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 95,819 Denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Retired racing Sharks are served truffles for breakfast, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Ravenna-Romana for fear of causing a fuss, discarded pennies litter the streets, and the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Romanum Legio's national animal is the Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Church of the Holy Shark.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Free Land of Kikomo.
- : The Romanum Legio fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Inclusive.
- : The Romanum Legio endorsed The Democratic Republic of Freedom States Republic.
- : The Romanum Legio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Freedom States Republic.
- : Following new legislation in The Romanum Legio, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget'.
- : The Romanum Legio endorsed The Holy United States of Marceloyudi.
- : The Romanum Legio endorsed The Matriarchy of LatePanem.
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Matriarchy of LatePanem.
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Holy United States of Marceloyudi.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Packilvania, East Malaysia, Blazing Samaritan, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, Fyrdowsi, Adolanta, Lyontisia, Freedom Fascists, Eruopia, Trimmania, Bad-tibira, Totalwintopia, Lanagon, Dragonia, Treudon, A Slanted Black Stripe, Elkenian, Mundiferrum, Kriov, Yuggoth, Sacktopia, Cranky Corners, Molzavar, Tropicalis, Etiowsa, Sumanaria, Owali, Amselheim, Zorro Renzodo, Elejamie, Slys Paws, Central Territory, EES, Wikichang, Lagaronians, Northern Doggerland, Vectaria, MikGonnia, Reziel, Empire of Irish Bacon, The Watkins, Jrustela, Opfern, Radnia, Parisians, Heyday, Davinhia, Bachtendekuppen, Propwash, and 29 others.Arstravia, Joalteora, Latin Corellia, Fernanza, Korbonits, Aguaro, New Pergamon, Davist, Sinosia, Adavan, EMS Conglomerate, Happy Hour, Brotherland, Idioglassia, Androg, Moderate Utopia, Qeru u Na, Roissyland, Andeat, The Almighty Hamster, Magroswana, Silaurius, McStooley, Republic of Equatorial Kundu, Todd McCloud, Susquehannians, Marceloyudi, LatePanem, and Freedom States Republic.