The Holy Roman Father of The Romanum Legio is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Imperator Vespasianvs Augustvs with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, public floggings, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 15.087 billion Legionians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ravenna-Romana. The average income tax rate is 23.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Legioan economy, worth a remarkable 1,386 trillion Denariuses a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 91,875 Denariuses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Tax rises are attributed to divine will, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, towns that stop turning a profit are turned into animal sanctuaries, and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Romanum Legio's national animal is the Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Church of the Holy Shark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: The Romanum Legio fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 14 hours ago: The Romanum Legio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Romanum Legio, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- 18 hours ago: The Romanum Legio voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Scientific Cooperation".
- 4 days ago: The Romanum Legio voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 6 days ago: The Romanum Legio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 6 days ago: The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Federation of The Three States of Fortuna.
- 8 days ago: The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Triboland.
- 8 days ago: The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Emirate of SS Atlas.
- 9 days ago: The Romanum Legio was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 80 » Packilvania, East Malaysia, Blazing Samaritan, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, Fyrdowsi, The Cults Children, Adolanta, Lyontisia, Freedom Fascists, Eruopia, Boridia, Hegemon, Trimmania, Bad-tibira, A mean old man, Totalwintopia, Lanagon, Dragonia, Treudon, A Slanted Black Stripe, Elkenian, Mundiferrum, Kriov, Yuggoth, Sacktopia, Cranky Corners, Molzavar, Tropicalis, Sophocracy, United industrial, Etiowsa, Marathonman, Casetas, Rosiel, Ragnaria, Sumanaria, Owali, Amselheim, Crystal Shores, Lubiratia, Drinnon, Lyutia, Roissyland, Zorro Renzodo, Karynthia, Elejamie, Comithron, Slys Paws, Articono, and 30 others.Central Territory, Nibensirien, EES, Wikichang, Uyoy, Lagaronians, Northern Doggerland, Ingeitum, Vectaria, MikGonnia, Kaimaera, Reziel, Pipelo, Kafrad, Kyriasis, Meowinopolis, Bucklinova, Pizza202, Ivy Street, Place of cool punks, Banturon, Empire of Irish Bacon, The Watkins, Greater Actius, HYDRA-Russian Empire, Jrustela, Tardanja, Opfern, Triboland, and The Three States of Fortuna.