The Holy Roman Father of The Romanum Legio is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Imperator Vespasianvs Augustvs with an iron fist, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 17.962 billion Legionians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ravenna-Romana. The average income tax rate is 49.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Legioan economy, worth a remarkable 1,807 trillion Denarii a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 100,634 Denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, eminent domain has been abolished, police drones follow every suspected Peeping Tom, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Romanum Legio's national animal is the Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Church of the Holy Shark.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Nonpareil Compatriotic Land of Nimporia.
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Federation of Islandian Free States.
- : The Romanum Legio was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Survivoristan.
- : The Romanum Legio was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Federation of Taurora.
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Eternal Equilibratory Empire of Bajirao Mastani.
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Aramathi Dominion.
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Papua Merdeka.
- : The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Empire of Waldangelbach.
Endorsements Received: 97 » Packilvania, Blazing Samaritan, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, Fyrdowsi, Adolanta, Lyontisia, Freedom Fascists, Trimmania, Bad-tibira, Lanagon, Dragonia, A Slanted Black Stripe, Elkenian, Mundiferrum, Kriov, Molzavar, Etiowsa, Amselheim, Elejamie, Slys Paws, Central Territory, Empire of Irish Bacon, Radnia, Davinhia, Bachtendekuppen, Propwash, Aguaro, Sinosia, Adavan, EMS Conglomerate, Brotherland, Idioglassia, Moderate Utopia, Todd McCloud, Marceloyudi, LatePanem, Saladass, The Old Iron Cross, Celebia, Blobbo, Greatest Ukraine, Scayvania, Anhuranu, Kingdom of Favus, Alicais, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Nabta Playa, Servants of Gizmo, LeaveAlone, and 47 others.Novgarov, Bryce Harper, Roissyland, Crazdea, New Leganes, McStooley, Stanley Kubrick, Eagas, Castelia, Bhattacharyaland, Laeta, Aelitia, Ktox, Demokratischen Reich, Vonvon, The Underwood Industrial Empire, Rex Ventorum, Lortas, Solmalron, TethehAlla, Ponyo, Dealroni, Cortainia, Crambaria, Timony, Surfidonia, KelMattland, The Hobart Republic, The island of Kiria, Terumbrae, Svolvaer, Island of Keylore, Yvanos, Commonwealth Of Astoria, The Grand Commonwealth, Danubian Holy See, Of Libertarianism, Pachecolandia, Cardistria, Waldangelbach, Papua Merdeka, Aramathi Dominion, Bajirao Mastani, Taurora, Survivoristan, Islandian Free States, and Nimporia.