“Your most average East Pacifier, minus the fishes.”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The East Pacific
The Second Holy Roman Empire of The Romanum Legio is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Imperator Vespasianvs Augustvs with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 12.78 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ravenna-Romana. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 42%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Tourism industries.
The new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Romanum Legio's national animal is the not a fish, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Church of the Holy Emperor, and its currency is the Denarius.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: The Romanum Legio endorsed The Democratic States of Fidbank.
- 2 hours ago: The Romanum Legio voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 1 day 18 hours ago: The Romanum Legio was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Democratic States of Fidbank.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in The Romanum Legio, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- 10 days ago: The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Republic of Redikant.
- 10 days ago: The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Dominion of The Dominion of the Rare Commodities.
- 10 days ago: The Romanum Legio was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Oorai.
- 10 days ago: The Romanum Legio endorsed The Holy Empire of Oorai.
- 10 days ago: The Romanum Legio endorsed The Dominion of The Dominion of the Rare Commodities.
Endorsements Received: 83 » Packilvania, East Malaysia, Reziel, Blazing Samaritan, Garyana, Goodnamesarerare, Drakkengard, Kaigi, Fyrdowsi, The island of Kiria, The Cults Children, Vulshain, Adolanta, Lyontisia, Freedom Fascists, Emmieopolopolis, Eruopia, Boridia, Slys Paws, West Heights, Hegemon, Craital, Chung King, Trimmania, Elejamie, GreatAnon, Bad-tibira, Kingberg, A mean old man, Totalwintopia, Lanagon, Sandybeach, Dragonia, Caer Dathyl, Lurchiland, Treudon, Roissyland, A Slanted Black Stripe, Opfern, Elkenian, Mundiferrum, Kriov, Baru Surga, Zevelaer, Bachtendekuppen, Fallen Light, The United States of Rome, Matioria, Icuri, KindKing, and 33 others.Amselheim, Yuggoth, MikGonnia, Lynalium, Gloriuse, Elimitria, Beckveria, SacrumRomanum, Sacktopia, Those in Union, Cranky Corners, Molzavar, Bornnia, American Optimus, New Leone, Camotes, Nikhils Purest, IndiaWindia, Tropicalis, Ornen, Sophocracy, New World Homefront NWHF, Drachenia, Pineapple and banana, Susanooo, Ritznazzioni, Caerulea, Wolkan, United industrial, GARRETTLANDIA, Oorai, Redikant, and Fidbank.