“Don't Call It A Comeback”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Infinite Republican Empire of The Rich Port is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Theotokos Council with a fair hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 12.752 billion Rich Portians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mute City. The average income tax rate is 66%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
Much of The Rich Port's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, and the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Rich Port's national animal is the giant squid, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is the Observance Of The Great Spirit, and its currency is the simoleon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 13 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 1%).
- 14 hours ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: The Rich Port changed its national demonym to "Rich Portian" and its demonym adjective to "Rich Portian".
- 5 days ago: The Rich Port fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 9 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 27 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 35 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 37 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.