“Don't Call It A Comeback”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Infinite Republican Empire of The Rich Port is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Theotokos Council with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 13.455 billion Rich Portians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Public Transport are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mute City. The average income tax rate is 4.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Rich Portian economy, worth a remarkable 2,536 trillion simoleons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 188,493 simoleons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Much of The Rich Port's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, and the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Rich Port's national animal is the giant squid, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Observance Of The Great Spirit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 23 hours ago
- 11 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 13 days ago: The Rich Port fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 20 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 31 days ago: The Rich Port fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 42 days ago: The Rich Port fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 57 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 85 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 89 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 98 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 99 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.