“Travelers of both Time and Space”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Infinite Republican Empire of The Rich Port is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Theotokos Council with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.581 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Sigil. The average income tax rate is 75%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
The nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, large sections of The Rich Port have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there, and all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Rich Port's national animal is the giant squid, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is the Observance Of The Great Spirit, and its currency is the simoleon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 9 days ago: The Rich Port fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 9 days ago: The Rich Port fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 11 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 16 days ago: The Rich Port changed nation type to "Infinite Republican Empire".
- 24 days ago: The Rich Port changed its national slogan to "Travelers of both Time and Space".
- 30 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: #1).
- 40 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 45 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed.
- 45 days ago: The Rich Port was ranked #1 in the region for Most Developed.