The Infinite Republican Empire of The Rich Port is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Theotokos Council with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 16.759 billion Rich Portians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Public Transport are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mute City. The average income tax rate is 4.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Rich Portian economy, worth a remarkable 3,197 trillion simoleons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 190,797 simoleons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Biker gangs and fashionistas are converting to Violetism en masse, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan, and the government blames all suspicious phenomena on flying saucers. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Rich Port's national animal is the giant squid, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Observance Of The Great Spirit.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Largest Black Market and Most Armed.
- : The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and the Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : The Rich Port altered its national flag.
- : The Rich Port was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies, Most Cheerful Citizens, and Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 5% for Largest Cheese Export Sector and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : The Rich Port fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.