|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Right of The Republican Guard is a massive, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 1.498 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 39%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
A typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, and private business has started paving paradises and putting up parking lots. Crime is moderate. The Republican Guard's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 52 days ago
- 21 hours ago: The Republican Guard was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- 26 days ago: The Republican Guard was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 39 days ago: The Republican Guard was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 10%).
- 61 days ago: The Republican Guard was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 65 days ago: The Republican Guard was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 74 days ago: The Republican Guard resigned from the World Assembly.
- 78 days ago: The Republican Guard was endorsed by The Free Land of Republic of Libertopia.
- 90 days ago: The Republican Guard was endorsed by The Capitalistic Minarchists of Conservative Idealism.
- 93 days ago: The Republican Guard lodged a message on the Libertatem Regional Message Board.
- 93 days ago: The Republican Guard endorsed The Republic of Jafnaor.