“hjá leiđarstjarna vér standa!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Free Land of The Republic Of Ardenhelm is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Andrew Bjorn with an even hand, and remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed population of 4.097 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 41%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The arms industry is strictly regulated, the populace harbors a fierce hatred of the metric system, shanty towns have formed around the newly rebuilt commercial district, and travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Republic Of Ardenhelm's national animal is the Reindeer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Ardenhelm State Pound or Ardenian Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 31 days ago
- 6 days ago: The Republic Of Ardenhelm's influence in Valhalla rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 15 days ago: The Republic Of Ardenhelm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 28 days ago: The Republic Of Ardenhelm fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 48 days ago: The Republic Of Ardenhelm applied to join the World Assembly.
- 55 days ago: The Republic Of Ardenhelm relocated from Yggdrasil to Valhalla.
- 55 days ago: The Republic Of Ardenhelm relocated from Osiris to Yggdrasil.
- 62 days ago: The Republic Of Ardenhelm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 66 days ago: The Republic Of Ardenhelm fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 79 days ago: The Republic Of Ardenhelm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 90 days ago: The Republic Of Ardenhelm fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.