“Deus Unus Me Iudicare Potest”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Vatican II
The Red Holy Catholic Division of The New Temple Knights is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord Knight John Peter with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, cynical population of 16.942 billion Knights are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Templarcardia. The average income tax rate is 81%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, The New Temple Knights's Medieval Faire is renowned as one of the best in the region, and there is a dearth of space for new houses. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The New Temple Knights's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Ord.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 10 days ago: The New Temple Knights fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 16 days ago: The New Temple Knights agreed to construct embassies between Vatican II and Imperial Union of Procrustes.
- 19 days ago: The New Temple Knights fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 49 days ago: The New Temple Knights fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 51 days ago: The New Temple Knights was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- 53 days ago: The New Temple Knights fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- 58 days ago: The New Temple Knights lodged a message on the Vatican II Regional Message Board.
- 68 days ago: The New Temple Knights was banned from Holy see of the vatican by Theocratic enclave.
- 68 days ago: The New Temple Knights lodged a message on the Vatican II Regional Message Board.
- 68 days ago: The New Temple Knights banned Theocratic enclave from Vatican II.