The Red Holy Catholic Division of The New Temple Knights is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Lord Knight John Peter with an iron fist, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 18.006 billion Knights are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order and Spirituality are also considered important, while Healthcare and Industry are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Templarcardia. The average income tax rate is 75.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped The New Temple Knightsian economy, worth 604 trillion Ords a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. Average income is 33,562 Ords, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, The New Temple Knights's newly-famous raindances to summon storms instead attract tourists from all over Vatican II, it is a crime to offend someone's religious beliefs, and the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. The New Temple Knights's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 4 days ago: The New Temple Knights was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 7 days ago: The New Temple Knights fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 23 days ago: The New Temple Knights was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 35 days ago: The New Temple Knights was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 39 days ago: The New Temple Knights's influence in Vatican II fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 39 days ago: The New Temple Knights was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 42 days ago: The New Temple Knights was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 50 days ago: The New Temple Knights was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 51 days ago: The New Temple Knights lodged a message on the Vatican II Regional Message Board.
- 51 days ago: The New Temple Knights agreed to construct embassies between Vatican II and United in Christ.