The Fiefdom of The Morthond Vale is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, notable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.554 billion archers of Morthond are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Erech. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 21.2%.
The strong Gondorian economy, worth 398 trillion Crowns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 37,804 Crowns, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
The Morthond Vale has designated Erech as its capital city. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Morthond Vale's national animal is the ghost, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Morthond Vale was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : The Morthond Vale was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations, Largest Retail Industry, Largest Black Market, and Largest Mining Sector.
- : The Morthond Vale's influence in Maltropian Puppet Confederacy fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Truckler".
- : The Morthond Vale relocated from Lazarus to Maltropian Puppet Confederacy.
- : The Morthond Vale altered its national flag.
- : The Morthond Vale was refounded in Lazarus.
- : The Morthond Vale ceased to exist.
- : The Morthond Vale changed its national demonym to "man of Morthond", its demonym adjective to "Gondorian", and its demonym plural to "archers of Morthond".
- : The Morthond Vale fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- : The Morthond Vale was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.