The Determined democracy of The Mejobsworth is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The quiet, industrious population of 22.076 billion The Mejobsworthians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 70.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient The Mejobsworthian economy, worth 875 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 39,640 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Elections have been outlawed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Mejobsworth's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Mejobsworth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : The Mejobsworth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : The Mejobsworth proposed constructing embassies between Yorkshire and England.
- : The Mejobsworth lodged a message on the Yorkshire Regional Message Board.
- : The Mejobsworth appointed The Constitutional Monarchy of Nappa Gisburn as Homeland Officer with authority over Appearance in Yorkshire.
- : The Mejobsworth appointed The Pennine crossing protectors of The Smooties as Security Officer with authority over Border Control in Yorkshire.
- : The Mejobsworth appointed The Grandma's in charge of Wetwang on the Wolds as Diplomacy Officer with authority over Embassies in Yorkshire.
- : The Mejobsworth agreed to construct embassies between Yorkshire and The Bar on the corner of every region.
- : The Mejobsworth's influence in Yorkshire rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : The Mejobsworth was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".