“what you have you hold”
|Category: Libertarian Police State|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Determined democracy of The Mejobsworth is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 17.092 billion are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Social Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 54%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Elections have been outlawed. Crime is relatively low. The Mejobsworth's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 100 minutes ago
- 1 day 14 hours ago: The Mejobsworth lodged a message on the Yorkshire Regional Message Board.
- 2 days ago: The Mejobsworth rejected a request from The Remnants of the Mian Empire for an embassy with Yorkshire.
- 12 days ago: The Mejobsworth lodged a message on the Yorkshire Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: The Mejobsworth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 15 days ago: The Mejobsworth lodged a message on the Yorkshire Regional Message Board.
- 15 days ago: The Mejobsworth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
- 16 days ago: The Mejobsworth ejected and banned The Federation of Aurum Riders 336th Treasury from Yorkshire.
- 16 days ago: The Mejobsworth ejected and banned The Incorporated States of Hollowed Forest46 from Yorkshire.
- 16 days ago: The Mejobsworth ejected and banned The Empire of Alpha Centauri Delta from Yorkshire.
- 16 days ago: The Mejobsworth updated the World Factbook entry in Yorkshire.