“what you have you hold”
|Category: Benevolent Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Determined democracy of The Mejobsworth is a gargantuan, genial nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 15.083 billion enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Social Welfare, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 46%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Elections have been outlawed. Crime is moderate, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. The Mejobsworth's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 2 days 12 hours ago: The Mejobsworth voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 6 days ago: The Mejobsworth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 8 days ago: The Mejobsworth was endorsed by The Theocracy of Lapinfeet.
- 8 days ago: The Mejobsworth was endorsed by The Childhood Toy of Mr Snuffles.
- 11 days ago: The Mejobsworth voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- 13 days ago: The Mejobsworth ejected and banned The Dominion of the duke of Lancashire from Yorkshire.
- 16 days ago: The Mejobsworth lodged a message on the Yorkshire Regional Message Board.
- 16 days ago: The Mejobsworth removed The Drunken Arms Market of Beerbellied Missourian Ambassadors from the regional ban list in Yorkshire.
- 17 days ago: The Mejobsworth ejected and banned The Drunken Arms Market of Beerbellied Missourian Ambassadors from Yorkshire.
- 28 days ago: The Mejobsworth lodged a message on the Yorkshire Regional Message Board.