The Determined democracy of The Mejobsworth is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The quiet, industrious population of 21.899 billion The Mejobsworthians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 70.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient The Mejobsworthian economy, worth 861 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 39,324 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Elections have been outlawed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Mejobsworth's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Mejobsworth appointed The Constitutional Monarchy of Nappa Gisburn as Homeland Officer with authority over Appearance in Yorkshire.
- : The Mejobsworth appointed The Pennine crossing protectors of The Smooties as Security Officer with authority over Border Control in Yorkshire.
- : The Mejobsworth appointed The Grandma's in charge of Wetwang on the Wolds as Diplomacy Officer with authority over Embassies in Yorkshire.
- : The Mejobsworth agreed to construct embassies between Yorkshire and The Bar on the corner of every region.
- : The Mejobsworth's influence in Yorkshire rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : The Mejobsworth was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : The Mejobsworth rejected a request from The General Hermit Association for an embassy with Yorkshire.
- : The Mejobsworth was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : The Mejobsworth was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : The Mejobsworth lodged a message on the Yorkshire Regional Message Board.