The Congregation of The Martyrs of The Lord is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Saint Richard with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, zero percent divorce rate, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 5.928 billion Christians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Spirituality, although Law & Order, Defense, and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Christendom. The average income tax rate is 31.0%.
The all-consuming Christian economy, worth 354 trillion Gallants a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Pizza Delivery, and Information Technology. Average income is 59,731 Gallants, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', The Martyrs of The Lord's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio, thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break, and the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Martyrs of The Lord's national animal is the Sheep, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 17 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord's influence in Soli Deo gloria fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 17 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord lodged a message on the League of Christian Nations Regional Message Board.
- 17 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord updated the World Factbook entry in Soli Deo gloria.
- 26 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord agreed to construct embassies between Soli Deo gloria and Federation of Free States.
- 32 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 68 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord lodged a message on the Soli Deo gloria Regional Message Board.
- 80 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- 83 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 105 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord rejected a request from Beyond Redemption for an embassy with Soli Deo gloria.
- 119 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord created a custom banner.