“The Lord is My Shepherd”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Soli Deo gloria
The Congregation of The Martyrs of The Lord is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Saint Richard with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.178 billion The Martyrss of The Lordian have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Religion & Spirituality, although Law & Order and Defence are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Christendom. The average income tax rate is 31%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Pizza Delivery, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports industries.
The government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', The Martyrs of The Lord's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio, thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break, and the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Martyrs of The Lord's national animal is the Fish, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its currency is the Gallant.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 7 hours ago
- 25 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 51 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord agreed to construct embassies between Soli Deo gloria and Coalition of Catholic States.
- 54 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord lodged a message on the Soli Deo gloria Regional Message Board.
- 54 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord altered the regional flag of Soli Deo gloria.
- 54 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord rejected a request from The Illuminati for an embassy with Soli Deo gloria.
- 54 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord agreed to construct embassies between Soli Deo gloria and Petria.
- 69 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord lodged a message on the Soli Deo gloria Regional Message Board.
- 80 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord lodged a message on the Coalition of Catholic States Regional Message Board.
- 81 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord's influence in Soli Deo gloria rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 82 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord's influence in Soli Deo gloria fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".