The Congregation of The Martyrs of The Lord is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Saint Richard with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 8.34 billion Christians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Spirituality, although Law & Order, Defense, and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Christendom. The average income tax rate is 32.5%.
The all-consuming Christian economy, worth 489 trillion Gallants a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Information Technology, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 58,682 Gallants, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', The Martyrs of The Lord's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio, thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break, and the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Martyrs of The Lord's national animal is the Sheep, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Martyrs of The Lord was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : The Martyrs of The Lord lodged a message on the Soli Deo gloria Regional Message Board.
- : The Martyrs of The Lord suppressed a post on the Soli Deo gloria Regional Message Board.
- : The Martyrs of The Lord's influence in Soli Deo gloria fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : The Martyrs of The Lord was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : The Martyrs of The Lord was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : The Martyrs of The Lord was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : The Martyrs of The Lord was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and the Top 10% for Most Devout, Largest Insurance Industry, Most Avoided, and Most Influential.
- : The Martyrs of The Lord proposed constructing embassies between Soli Deo gloria and The conservative christians.
- : The Martyrs of The Lord proposed constructing embassies between Soli Deo gloria and Saint Margaret Mary.