“The Lord is My Shepherd”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: Soli Deo gloria
The Congregation of The Martyrs of The Lord is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Saint Richard with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.543 billion The Martyrss of The Lordian have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Religion & Spirituality, although Law & Order and Defence are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Christendom. The average income tax rate is 29%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Pizza Delivery, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports industries.
The government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', The Martyrs of The Lord's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio, thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break, and the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Martyrs of The Lord's national animal is the Fish, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its currency is the Gallant.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 15 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord's influence in Soli Deo gloria fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 18 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord's influence in Soli Deo gloria rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 19 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord lodged a message on the Soli Deo gloria Regional Message Board.
- 24 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord's influence in Soli Deo gloria fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 31 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord updated the World Factbook entry in Soli Deo gloria.
- 31 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord published "The Once & Former Region of Distributism" (Factbook: International).
- 31 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord lodged a message on the Soli Deo gloria Regional Message Board.
- 32 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 1%).
- 33 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord agreed to construct embassies between Soli Deo gloria and Novaroskiya.
- 34 days ago: The Martyrs of The Lord lodged a message on the The Anglican Commonwealth Regional Message Board.