“Learn to obey before you learn to command”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Grand Republic of The Marians is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Ri Cameron Martin XVIII with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.964 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Education and Defence are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Reedus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 63%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Tourism and Beef-Based Agriculture.
Conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, flash floods that dams could have controlled regularly ravage small towns in mountain valleys, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, and the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Marians's national animal is the Python, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Paganism, and its currency is the Krona.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 4 days ago: The Marians was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in The Marians, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in The Marians, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in The Marians, flash floods that dams could have controlled regularly ravage small towns in mountain valleys.
- 6 days ago: The Marians endorsed The Armed Republic of The Democratic States of LibertarianLand.
- 8 days ago: The Marians was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The Democratic States of LibertarianLand.
- 10 days ago: The Marians endorsed The Kingdom of Zjednoczony Polski.
- 11 days ago: The Marians was endorsed by The Kingdom of Zjednoczony Polski.
- 13 days ago: The Marians was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 21 days ago: The Marians endorsed The Democratic Republic of Giancarlo.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Enif, Grosseschnauzer, Velon, Herzliyya, Groovistan, Elevation, Espana Japones, Pasargad, Spadestan, Andromeda Islands, Yaorozu, Selfgradatude, Former English Colony, Blackshear41, Oneofakynd, Zzzaaa, Ischaemia, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Great Bights Mum, Kerlone Adinine, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Ermarian, Abs123, Esponnise, Marscuponiland, Casal Centeio, Mariensbergian Principality, Avalon, My Utopian World, Tavok, Ascenon, McMasterdonia, Macworld, Wairos, Fourth, Everywheristan, Ator People, Emmerian Republic, Mandexia, Finely Unionized Network, Zeroxis, HMS Unicorn, Rukonia, Vietanimo, Malvad, Malinka, Transcostrian Federative Republic, and 20 others.Olvern, Moany Old Gits, Alunya, Framhaven, Kiwitaicho, Asian Union Pact, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, 007James Bond, EretzIsrael, Quasaria, Sufcok, One Vision, New Absurdistan, Kitabo, Nphyx, Eumbner, Bruissa, Giancarlo, and The Democratic States of LibertarianLand.