“Learn to obey before you learn to command”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Grand Republic of The Marians is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Ri Cameron Martin XVIII with a fair hand, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.397 billion The Mariansians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Education and Defence are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Reedus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 60%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Tourism and Beef-Based Agriculture.
Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and the nation refuses to provide international aid. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Marians's national animal is the Python, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Paganism, and its currency is the Krona.
The Marians is ranked 238th in Osiris and 8,856th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 270 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 20 hours ago: The Marians was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: The Marians was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 8 days ago: The Marians was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 11 days ago: The Marians was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 18 days ago: The Marians was refounded in Osiris.
- 70 days ago: The Marians ceased to exist.
- 74 days ago: The Marians was endorsed by Ursusuana.
- 75 days ago: The Marians was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Nasania.
- 77 days ago: The Marians was endorsed by The Republic of Kevaren.
- 83 days ago: The Marians was endorsed by The Kingdom of Lokarth.