“Learn to obey before you learn to command”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Grand Republic of The Marians is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Ri Cameron Martin XVIII with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.737 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Education and Defence are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Reedus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 61%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Tourism and Beef-Based Agriculture.
New safety regulations require all cars manufactured in The Marians to be bombproof, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Marians's national animal is the Python, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Paganism, and its currency is the Krona.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 104 minutes ago: The Marians was endorsed by The Scorched and Blackened Skies of Anathema Armaments.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Marians, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Marians, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Marians, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: The Marians endorsed The Dictatorship of Drasolopia.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: The Marians endorsed The Empire of One Vision.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: The Marians endorsed The Dictatorship of The Democratic Republic of Tomb.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: The Marians was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Drasolopia.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: The Marians was endorsed by The Empire of One Vision.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: The Marians was endorsed by The Republic of Sufcok.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Enif, Grosseschnauzer, Velon, Herzliyya, Groovistan, Elevation, Espana Japones, Pasargad, Spadestan, Andromeda Islands, Yaorozu, Selfgradatude, Former English Colony, Blackshear41, Oneofakynd, Zzzaaa, Ischaemia, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Great Bights Mum, Kerlone Adinine, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Ermarian, Abs123, Esponnise, Marscuponiland, Casal Centeio, Mariensbergian Principality, Avalon, My Utopian World, Tavok, Light Knight, Ascenon, McMasterdonia, Macworld, Wairos, Fourth, Everywheristan, Ator People, Emmerian Republic, Mandexia, Effazio, Finely Unionized Network, Zeroxis, HMS Unicorn, Rukonia, Vietanimo, Malvad, and 25 others.Malinka, Transcostrian Federative Republic, Olvern, Moany Old Gits, Alunya, New Charlzilla, Execb5, Framhaven, Merconitonitopia, Kiwitaicho, Great Khan, Asian Union Pact, Sheldanada, Antaniana, Arcadiom, 007James Bond, Sharps inc, EretzIsrael, Quasaria, Hitakee, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Sufcok, One Vision, Drasolopia, and Anathema Armaments.