“who ate my graham crackers”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The SOP
The People's Republic of The Lost Canyon is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by NinJA Da MiDget with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.071 billion The Lost Canyonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canyon Underground. The average income tax rate is 55%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Tourism industries.
Spies caught in The Lost Canyon are never heard from again, thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break, airport security is provided by private companies, and well-off serial killers write monthly checks to avoid jail time. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is pervasive. The Lost Canyon's national animal is the wolverines, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the BuffaloCanyon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 3 days 16 hours ago: The Lost Canyon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 5 days ago: The Lost Canyon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 10 days ago: The Lost Canyon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 11 days ago: The Lost Canyon altered its national flag.
- 11 days ago: The Lost Canyon lodged a message on the The SOP Regional Message Board.
- 11 days ago: The Lost Canyon relocated from Balder to The SOP.
- 11 days ago: The Lost Canyon was refounded in Balder.
- 92 days ago: The Lost Canyon ceased to exist.
- 100 days ago: The Lost Canyon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Average.
- 117 days ago: The Lost Canyon's influence in The SOP rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".