The Middle Republic of The Kuomintang is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Chiang with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 10.679 billion Chinese are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nanking. The average income tax rate is 2.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Chinese economy, worth a remarkable 2,106 trillion Chinese Yuan a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is an impressive 197,277 Chinese Yuan, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Immigrant herding has become a national pastime, skateparks can be found in every city, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Kuomintang's national animal is the Giant Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Kuomintang was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Kuomintang changed its national motto to "Nationalism – Democracy – Prosperity".
- : The Kuomintang lodged a message on the Union of Nationalists Regional Message Board.
- : The Kuomintang proposed constructing embassies between Union of Nationalists and United Imperial Union.
- : The Kuomintang agreed to construct embassies between Union of Nationalists and United Federation of Nation States.
- : The Kuomintang was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : The Kuomintang was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 10%).
- : The Kuomintang was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Kuomintang was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Kuomintang was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.