“Sic semper tyrannis”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Constitutional Monarchy of The Kingdom of Germania is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Kaiser John George Habenstein the 1st with a fair hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.702 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New München. The average income tax rate is 89%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, the government pours millions of Germainian Gold Marks into rehabilitation programs annually, and strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Kingdom of Germania's national animal is the The Eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Germainian Gold Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 1 day 17 hours ago: The Kingdom of Germania was endorsed by The Republic of Aboveland.
- 5 days ago: The Kingdom of Germania was endorsed by The Freeland of Ancient Dacia.
- 8 days ago: The Kingdom of Germania was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in The Kingdom of Germania, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in The Kingdom of Germania, the government pours millions of Germainian Gold Marks into rehabilitation programs annually.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in The Kingdom of Germania, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in The Kingdom of Germania, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in The Kingdom of Germania, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency.
- 8 days ago: The Kingdom of Germania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 11 days ago: The Kingdom of Germania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Defense Forces.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Lexembourg, Kaiserusse, Alsted, Beauvoir, Jenesia, Capricania, Dauershire, Ivernia, Short shorts, Toongoosia, Fenian Provinces, Eurosceptic Citizens, The City-State of Vienna, Silberia, Primarchite, Voxum Mortalum, Stromia, Ascara, Malacovia, Linkisheer, Sybaritic Socialists, Oswaroth, Kureimoa, Nuweland, Chiolena, Nou Occitania, Saconian, Shadeius, Veeten Engines, Marmiedon, Tigyland, Paxderius, Jon4de85, Marmotien, Kroinengin, Puerto Thelosia, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Ravenstein, Mameluco, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Castanos, Vest Franksland, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Norway and Iceland, Mirandia, Scorjthaal, Imadistan, Hamstery, and 26 others.Artotzka, Faery Land, Pileusia, Greater Konigsberg, Science-Oriented Scots, Sahrath, The Roman Alliance, North-Western Russia, Prussia Bavaria Saxony and Wurttemberg, The Northern Scottish Isles, Multatuli, Elborg, Bering, The Fair Republic, Soviet Shlyapy, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Bylantia, Monte Caora, Strajalands, Foucaults garden, New Brussland, Pesaro and Urbino, Santamio, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Ancient Dacia, and Aboveland.