The Vague Association of The Kazoo Peoples is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Nai Aknam with an even hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, keen interest in outer space, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 12.247 billion The Kazoo Peoplesians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kazoo City. The average income tax rate is 99.1%.
The all-consuming The Kazoo Peoplesian economy, worth a remarkable 1,626 trillion kazoos a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 132,813 kazoos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Embarrassed police officers wear spandex and carry net guns, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Kazoo Peoples's national animal is the kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 4 days ago: The Kazoo Peoples fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: The Kazoo Peoples was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: The Kazoo Peoples fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 15 days ago: The Kazoo Peoples was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: The Kazoo Peoples was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 18 days ago: The Kazoo Peoples was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: #1).
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in The Kazoo Peoples, private law firms are unheard of.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in The Kazoo Peoples, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- 20 days ago: The Kazoo Peoples voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Material Pact".
- 20 days ago: The Kazoo Peoples was admitted to the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: None.