“Dont mess with the Koala”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Celtic warrior
The Out of their skull marsupial of THE KANGAROO is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by El Presidente Kanga with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 23.649 billion THE KANGAROOians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of BruciesBarandGrill. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Information Technology.
Only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights, atheists are heavily taxed, and senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. THE KANGAROO's national animal is the crazy conifer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is The Marsupial Free Church, and its currency is the fried fruitbat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 10 days ago: THE KANGAROO's influence in Celtic warrior fell from "Superpower" to "Powerbroker".
- 11 days ago: THE KANGAROO voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".
- 11 days ago: THE KANGAROO voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Spills and Leaks".
- 11 days ago: THE KANGAROO lodged a message on the Celtic warrior Regional Message Board.
- 11 days ago: THE KANGAROO was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in THE KANGAROO, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in THE KANGAROO, atheists are heavily taxed.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in THE KANGAROO, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in THE KANGAROO, only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare.
- 16 days ago: THE KANGAROO voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Yohannes".
Endorsements Received: None.